The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

Today i found some time to run thru my analog filmarchive....wow.

This is scanned and a little pp. I made it 1980 with an OM-1 in Israel in the river Jordan region.
This tree, so we were told, died thru an artillery shot.

Last edited:

kweide

Lili, i love to see those colors....really impressed.

But now i have a new toy. Today i found one left E-P1. Not my wish config. No black/silver but pretty white. WOW, that looks great. And no 17mm pancake, only the 14-42 zoom available. Hmmm... the dealer made his offer and i pulled out my card....now it is here. What can i say:

IT IS IMPRESSIVE

Fast in AF, reliable in AF even in darkness and what a picture quality. But see with your eyes. Out of the cam jpg. ISO1600, noise reduction LOW. No flash. The only light is from my EIZO 24" TFT. This is DSLR quality !!!!! Next is buying m43 to Leica M Adapter and a Color Skopar lens.

Thanx Olympus. A dream came true. Dont miss EVF or build in flash

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Klaus,

I wonder if you have a signed "model release form" for the "portret" you posted ???

Also, if the subject is a minor, did the parents sign the release form ??

:D:D:D
C U
Rafael

kweide

She is adult . And Yes she signed a release contract. It was pretty cheap: a handfull biscuits and a little raw beef made her willing to do the shootings. She signed with a paw. :ROTFL:
But you know, girls can be a bit touchy sometimes. So she suddenly showed my her teeth shaked her little axxxxxxxxx and jumped away. :ROTFL:

kweide

And now it is time to say Goodbye.
I am off for vacation. 3 wonderfull weeks in the warm sun of Sicily, stunning ruins, beautiful landscapes, delicious foods, wine and the Etna........

Have a nice time will be back, eventually :)
Yes, my white E-P1 is with me.

kevinparis

have a great holiday... we are currently down near andorra... hoping to catch tour de france tomorrow
saw and held my 1 st EP in Arles...had to explain and show the olympus reps you could add leica R and nikkor lenses....worked better that i thought it would
cheers

K

kevinparis

back in paris and on better internet connection so thought i'd drag this thread back from page 3 in kweides absence

had a fabulous bastille day in the dordogne - the local peatanque tournament was fun

oly 510 with 50-200... a stunning lens if a little obvious size wise

Last edited:

weaselboy

So finally got myself a Flickr profile, which should make uploading/posting pictures much easier than before. Anyway, about a month ago I head over to Idaho around Cour D'alene Lake and took some pictures. Finally got to processing a few of 'em, and here they are!

I used Lightzone for the processing (which I'm still learning the ins and outs of, so critiques welcome!) All of these images were taken with any Oly E620 using the Zuiko 40-150mm kit lens.

I'm told this is called a Red-wing Blackbird. Caught him as he was flying over a meadow. Luckily he landed and I was able to snap a couple good pictures of him!

A pond in the same meadow.

Looking out towards CDA lake.

kweide

... ufff back again from Sicily. Back with about 1600 Pics. All done with E-P1...
What an experience.... will share in the next days......

kweide

Yeah....on board !

Leaving Italy :) heading for Sicily !
You see the habour of Villa San Giovanni

And the sun goes down...

Last edited:

kweide

14mm is not enough... multirow-Pano
Church in Marsala, I have a 5mm F2 on my wishlist :)
Oh forgot to tell: All done with E-P1 and the 14-42mm Kitlens

Marketplace

Last edited:

kweide

Gibellina veccia --- a grave

It was a village, totally destroyed in 1992 thru an earthquake. All ruins and deads were buried under a shroud of concrete