The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

This is not sooo good for small screens. A pano from the inner of Sicily. In the middle, a little left, you can see the famous Corleone !!

The original Pano is by 10x larger and will find its place on my wall in the livingroom...

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Found this wonderful and very old machine. Guess what it is for ???
Making ice cream.
Or maybe washing your SD cards :LOL: My wife recently put one of mine through a complete wash and dry cycle. The pictures seem to have better resolution, but there again I always think my car goes faster after it has been washed.

Keith

kweide

After polishing my Audi it is alway 20 KM/h faster
after washing my 8 GB SD Card i found it can store 12 GB with the E-P1 and it has indeed 24 MPixel resolution. I can confirm that !!!
Something is going on ! :)

Ahhh, forgot to say:
The machine: It is a number cruncher !

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
After polishing my Audi it is alway 20 KM/h faster
after washing my 8 GB SD Card i found it can store 12 GB with the E-P1 and it has indeed 24 MPixel resolution. I can confirm that !!!
Something is going on ! :)

Ahhh, forgot to say:
The machine: It is a number cruncher !
It doesn't have any buttons! - how do you put the numbers in? Or do you mean old brass house numbers and the machine recycles them :ROTFL:
It's a good way for you to calculate your DOF when in the field - looks like it is as small as the EP-1

Keith

kweide

Number input is easy:
1. way: the crank is digitally coded. It is binary input by powers of 2. 1 stop right is 2° three stops right ist 2² and so on.
2. way: squeak interface. By turning the crank you produce corresponding tones similar to a telephon. Very easy. The tricky thing is the modulation. You have to train a bit

kweide

Again, not sooo good for small screens.
The org. file is by far 10 x larger and ideal for the wall.
It shows the view from lovely Erice and gives you the coastline from Sicily from Trapani via Pizzo Lungo, Bonagia and Monte Cofano. I love this place on Erice.
If you ever have the chance to visit Sicily: This place is a must go

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It shows the view from lovely Erice and gives you the coastline from Sicily from Trapani via Pizzo Lungo, Bonagia and Monte Cofano. I love this place on Erice.

This one is a stunner if I've ever seen one! It will look amazing on the wall.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Number input is easy:
1. way: the crank is digitally coded. It is binary input by powers of 2. 1 stop right is 2° three stops right ist 2² and so on.
2. way: squeak interface. By turning the crank you produce corresponding tones similar to a telephon. Very easy. The tricky thing is the modulation. You have to train a bit
If you take it in the field to do DOF calculation, you had better not be doing sports photography :toocool:
How come it is so rusty - when was it made? Does it come with a book of instructions?
Still looks to me that you could make ice cream in there.

Keith

kweide

Yes, yes, yes. Its true
I can smell it too. Its for coffee !!
Its from the year 1800 or so.... very old but still working. Family treasure...

kweide

And if you like the Espresso coffee... you will ike some sweets...

oh no, this is unfair.... stop that....uhhh sweet Ricotta cheese....hmmmm

J

JayCee

As a new member to the forum I absolutely love this thread and the wonderful images.
Imagine my joy at starting to view the thread from the beginning and coming across a pic of my all-time favourite songwriter/producer Jimmy Webb with Lili's Roy in post 34 :) ...that aside I adore Klaus's contributions with his E-P1 and as a newish G1 owner I'm tempted to be a pen owner too...I'm trying to convince myself...and more importantly...my better half that I need another camera and that I'll use my recently bought (for a song on the "bay") OM lenses on it via the adaptor :D

Klaus, can you confirm most of the latter images in this thread were indeed taken with the E-P1?...I'm not saying the others aren't as good but you do seem to get the best out of it...do you up the saturation or do much PP before posting here?
Thanks for sharing.
John.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yes, yes, yes. Its true
I can smell it too. Its for coffee !!
Its from the year 1800 or so.... very old but still working. Family treasure...
I can smell it too - smells like rust. Better put a quart of ice cream though there before you try coffee.

Keith

kweide

As a new member to the forum I absolutely love this thread and the wonderful images.
Imagine my joy at starting to view the thread from the beginning and coming across a pic of my all-time favourite songwriter/producer Jimmy Webb with Lili's Roy in post 34 :) ...that aside I adore Klaus's contributions with his E-P1 and as a newish G1 owner I'm tempted to be a pen owner too...I'm trying to convince myself...and more importantly...my better half that I need another camera and that I'll use my recently bought (for a song on the "bay") OM lenses on it via the adaptor :D

Klaus, can you confirm most of the latter images in this thread were indeed taken with the E-P1?...I'm not saying the others aren't as good but you do seem to get the best out of it...do you up the saturation or do much PP before posting here?
Thanks for sharing.
John.
John,

all my pics in this thread are made with Olympus cameras and different Oly or Leica glasses.
You asked for confirmation on E-P1 pics. Okay. My reference is the number shown in the upper right corner in the resp. contribution of this thread.
My E-P1 pics started on Page 10 and are:
# 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 471, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 487, 493, 496, 501, 507, 512, 513

All except one are made with the Kitlens Zoom 14-42. Simply because no other lens was available from Olympus. The one exception was done with Leica Summicron R 90 F2. Its the flower picture

And yes i normaly do a little pp. But it depends on the pic itself. A little level adjust and sometimes a little contrast. Dont forget USM !!!!
Thats it.
Some more detailed explantions can be found in my Thread "My lovely GRD"
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4326&highlight=lovely+grd&page=3
Scroll down please to see the Before and after !
But, when you already own a G1 is it really neccessary buying a E-P1 too ???
Perhaps its better to invest the money into good glasses ???

Klaus

Last edited:

m3photo

Re: Glasses

Perhaps its better to invest the money into good glasses ???
If I may be so bold ...

Klaus, "glasses" in English, although the plural of "glass" is at first recognized in a sentence as the equivalent of "spectacles" = "Brille" in German.

I'm sure you meant to say/write: " ... invest the money in good glass".
The word "glass" here is a popular photographers' interpretation of "lenses" which as you see is already a plural.

The way you wrote it implies the gentleman could benefit from better aid for his eyesight.

Your photographical "syntax" is perfect however :D

kweide

Upps. thanx a lot. Will use glass, lens, primes, zoom or even sherd in the future....
BTW i use glasses :)

John: my fault !!!
Please pardon me....

Brian Mosley

What a stunning capture! shame about the hands :cry:

Cheers

Brian