The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black Magic m4/3 action cam

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This might interest some m4/3 users. Very interesting video camera:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicmicrocinemacamera

- Active m4/3 mount
- Global shutter
- DNG RAW
- Countless ways of expanding with extra equipment

Now, where's that money.... oops... spent them on the Zeiss 21mm. Have to wait for a few months then, but this will be an interesting companion to my D810, using the same lenses with adapter. Just have to add a WA lens :)

Godfrey

Ah... forgot to mention. The sensor is Super 16mm, so crop factor is around 3.
I saw that when I looked at their website. Not a problem. I'm sure there will be plenty of usefulness from it. They show it with the Panasonic 14mm in quite a few photos, which makes sense: that's a 28 equivalent on FourThirds, on Super16 it's EFoV of a 42mm lens, a good focal length for a lot of uses.

You'll need a Panasonic or Olympus 7-14 for an ultrawide EFoV 21mm lens. :)

G

mazor

Since the sensor is smaller will it handle the rolling shutter or jello effect one gets from fast pans or side motion?

V

Vivek

Yeah, a system that has the fastest lenses possible (using a speedbooster)!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yeah, a system that has the fastest lenses possible (using a speedbooster)!
I had forgotten about that. There's even a special speed booster for Black Magic and the Super 16mm format. An excellent ultra WA lens for this system will the obviously be the relatively inexpensive Sigma 8-16mm plus speed booster.

Metabones®

V

Vivek

That horse is turbo charged. Could not force myself to watch the entire video. will read specs leisurely. :)