The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Limited and just some more

k-hawinkler

Thanks Bart.
It looks like Olympus is ready to ship the EE-1 DOT SIGHT! Finally! Yippee!
Now, where is the 300/4 Pro?

Knorp

Thanks Bart.
It looks like Olympus is ready to ship the EE-1 DOT SIGHT! Finally! Yippee!
Now, where is the 300/4 Pro?
That's great ! Unfortunately and not so great is the fact that the 300/4.0 is not to be expected any time soon.

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

Thanks Bart. Oh well, then the 75-300 or 40-150 with tele-converter 1.4x will have to serve as test vehicles when I get the item in a few days.

Knorp

Anyone already took delivery of the 8mm Fish-eye or 7-14mm Zoom ?
They are/were available in Holland, but I'd like to learn your experiences first before jumping ...

TIA

Kind regards.

dhsimmonds

Yes, I have the 7-14mm F2.8. It is awesome and nowhere as heavy as I expected. It is a typical extreme wide angle at 7mm but with fairly controlled distortion, Images are quite pleasing though but I do wonder about the vulnerability of the outer lens component with no chance of fitting a filter! Again it is very typical of the type. It is a useful lens for some selective subjects , but probably not likely to be used a great deal by myself. The build quality follows the other Pro lenses with a manual close focus ring and silky smooth zoom and focus rings. It would be an ideal partner for a real estate agent for the preparation of brochures!

Knorp

Yes, I have the 7-14mm F2.8. It is awesome and nowhere as heavy as I expected. It is a typical extreme wide angle at 7mm but with fairly controlled distortion, Images are quite pleasing though but I do wonder about the vulnerability of the outer lens component with no chance of fitting a filter! Again it is very typical of the type. It is a useful lens for some selective subjects , but probably not likely to be used a great deal by myself. The build quality follows the other Pro lenses with a manual close focus ring and silky smooth zoom and focus rings. It would be an ideal partner for a real estate agent for the preparation of brochures!
Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply. Bit of a déja vu: I had the same reservation against the Lumix 7-14/4.0 Make sure you put the cap on as soon as you don't want to take anymore pictures.
UWA lenses are really challenging your creative capabilities and wonderful for interesting compositions.

Note: your chance to gain immortal fame: start a new thread "Fun with the .... " :grin:

Kind regards.