The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Review of 7-14/2.8 Pro Lens by Robin Wong

iiiNelson

Shots look good to me and looks to be a great addition to the Olympus PRO lineup. It would make a great addition to a compact travel kit with the other two lenses in tow.

I'm more of a FF person and for reasons readily apparent in just about every Micro 4/3 review I've seen (it's about look and rendering more than the quality of pictures.) This would definitely be a better travel/vacation kit for most over a FF camera IMO.

k-hawinkler

It is not a "review", coming from an Oly employee, it is an advertisement.

One thing I did not get is why would anyone want a "PRO" lens for their instagram pics of coffee cups? :confused:

Well, Robin begins his review with pointing out the following, quote:

"
1. I am an Olympus Malaysia employee.
2. This is a user experience based review, based on my personal opinion which can be subjective.
"

So, the reader should take that into account. I certainly do.
Whether someone uses a ""PRO" lens for their instagram pics of coffee cups" or something else seems besides the point to me.

iiiNelson

It is not a "review", coming from an Oly employee, it is an advertisement.

One thing I did not get is why would anyone want a "PRO" lens for their instagram pics of coffee cups? :confused:
Probably for the same reasons people buy 5Dmk3 or D810 with Nano-coated lenses to take poor pictures of their kids playing at the local YMCA. They simply have the means to do so and they don't want gear to be a potential limitation. I know we say it's about the photographer and to an extent that's true but most of us shoot with cameras no more than 3 years old as well... Why?

V

Vivek

Whether someone uses a ""PRO" lens for their instagram pics of coffee cups" or something else seems besides the point to me.
Hi K-H, That (push) is an integral part of his "review' complete with an example. :D

scott kirkpatrick

Actually, for someone doing a lot of food shots without studio lighting and studio (heat-resistant) materials, I think he gets rather good results. No tripod, I suspect, as well.

scott

V

Vivek

Actually, for someone doing a lot of food shots without studio lighting and studio (heat-resistant) materials, I think he gets rather good results. No tripod, I suspect, as well.

scott
Scott, I get your point but it is all lighting. Check out the food photography expert Y Sol' s examples (Nikon forum).