The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 camera compatibility with cables

I'm after 2.5mm to P1 cable to hook up either my Panasonic G2 or G6 with a Yongnuo tx / flash trigger. Ive searched on eBay for such a cable. A small number of these cables are compatible with Panasonic cameras but when I look at the list of camera models that can be used specifically with the cable, there is no mention of the G2 or the G6. It's mainly models like the FZ50, FZ30, FZ20 etc that are listed. On another website, I came across a similar kind of cable (not really sure if it's the same kind that would work for my application) but supposedly, it's compatible with the G2, G6, the GH series and also the L1. Would it be safe to say that any camera cable that is compatible with an L1 would also be compatible with a G2 and / or G6? On eBay, there is a 2.5mm to P1 cable that is meant to be compatible with the L1 and also various other cameras like the LC-1 and FZ30, FZ50 etc and no mention of the G2 or G6. Would I be correct in predicting that this cable would work with a G2 / G6? Or would there be more to it than that like different voltage requirements etc between different cameras?

Knorp

I'm very sorry, but it seems you're on your own here.
No camera shop you can ask in your neck of the woods ?

Kind regards.