The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EM1 4.0 Firmware Upgrade

Brian Mosley

Actually, while it hasn't been officially announced the file is on Olympus' server and release date in Japan is today so this should be quite safe.

Cheers

Brian

f6cvalkyrie

Thank you, Brian, I got it just in time, updated without any problem, and OMG, I have a silent E-M now !!!
But, in the mean time, the moderators deleted the topic that you linked to, and now, you get this :

"Forum thread deleted or withdrawn The thread that you are looking for has been deleted by the moderators or withdrawn by the original poster. If you have a second, we would appreciate if you let us know in case you have reached this page via some existing and genuine link. We will investigate the problem as soon as possible. "

C U,
Rafael

Knorp

Somebody better call Olympus and tell them it actually is the 25th of November today ... :rolleyes:

k-hawinkler

Thank you, Brian, I got it just in time, updated without any problem, and OMG, I have a silent E-M now !!!
But, in the mean time, the moderators deleted the topic that you linked to, and now, you get this :

"Forum thread deleted or withdrawn The thread that you are looking for has been deleted by the moderators or withdrawn by the original poster. If you have a second, we would appreciate if you let us know in case you have reached this page via some existing and genuine link. We will investigate the problem as soon as possible. "

C U,
Rafael
Did anybody keep a copy of the instructions? Please PM me. TIA.

Brian Mosley

Well, the good news is that Olympus have updated the page to say available November 25th... So it should be available anytime now!

Cheers

Brian

Knorp

I'll pass and wait for the official release, but if you feel lucky you may try this ... Offline firmware v4.0

Just as a reminder on how to install offline

Create a folder called "DCOLYMP" on your SD card.
Rename the downloaded file to "E1099999.BIN" and put it inside this folder.
Make sure your camera is turned off. Now insert the SD Card with the firmware file.
Start the camera while pushing the "OK" button.
The screen will be black and the orange front LED will turn on.
DO NOT TURN IT OFF WHILE THE LED IS NOT BLINKING.
Wait until it blinks rapidly.
This means the process is finished. You can now restart the camera like you would normally do.

Attention:
You may want to remove the "DCOLYMP" folder from your SD card, so you don't flash a new firmware by accident.
Don't blame me ... :angel:

scott kirkpatrick

Got 'em both! But since my photography lately has been dominated by a very affectionate 6 week old kitten, I'm not sure where the focus stacking opportunities will arise.

scott