The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to fit Nikon-F-Lenses to the Lumix G1

U

Ulrich

Dear friends of the MFT-technique,

the discussion in this Forum I appriciate very much und I would like to share the experience here. As an owner of quite a row of Nikon-F-lenses from former professionell work I would like to get a hint, how to get an adaptor for this lenses to my G1. Novoflex told me (two days ago), that they deliver such an adaptor in May 09. Is there any other adaptor for those old Nikon-F-lenses already on the market?

Hoping to reach the level of the pictures that a shown here, I add a recent shot with the G1 (Kit-Lens 14-45, Iso 250, F5, 1/100).

With greetings from Berlin /Ger.

Ulrich

Brian Mosley

Hi Ulrich,

right now, you could purchase the Panasonic 4/3rds adapter, and add a Nikon to 4/3rds adapter - these are available very cheaply on ebay.

Alternatively, it would probably be cheaper to wait a short while until there's a 3rd party direct Nikon to m4/3rds adapter.

Kind Regards

Brian

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Ulrich,
right now, you could purchase the Panasonic 4/3rds adapter, and add a Nikon to 4/3rds adapter - these are available very cheaply on ebay.
Brian
Hi,

that's exactely how I use my "old" Nikon lenses now !
Works quite well, let me show you an picture (candid I took 2 days ago, under difficult indoor lighting, with the 1.4/50)

C U
Rafael

m3photo

Good News

Sent the following request to Japan Exposures this morning:

Can you please notify me when Rayqual have a Nikon F to M4/3 adaptor
for purchase?

Answer received this afternoon from Dirk Rösler:

Sure, it is in production now so I hope it should be out soon. Please also keep an eye on our site, especially the Shop News section, in case I forget.

Regards

Dirk