The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My DMC-G1 with manual focus lenses

Michiel Schierbeek

One of those "legendary" lenses (FD 85mm f/1.2). The posted examples seem to be from a time of day with fairly flat lighting. How are you finding the operation/image quality on the G1 overall?
It is not a lens with the immediate results. You feel it has a lot of potential but I am not so happy this far. Also it is quiet a hump on the G1 but not a real problem if the results are great.
I only used it for an hour at the end of the day and I had to get used to it, especially with the preset diafragma ring on the adapter. Did forget about that a few times. Also I think it needs closer subjects to really shine.
I didn't get to that point yet. So not much of a test yet.
I thought I use it in low light first to see what it does.
You feel and see it catches a huge amount of light and it needed stop down corrections in many cases.
I will post some more when I have, hopefully better results. I am quiet happy with the FD 35/2, really nice (small) lens that is.

Kind regards,
Michiel

G1 + Canon FD L 85/1.2

G1 + Canon FD L 85/1.2

G1 + Canon FD 35/2

G1 + Canon FD 35/2​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
It is not a lens with the immediate results. You feel it has a lot of potential but I am not so happy this far. Also it is quiet a hump on the G1 but not a real problem if the results are great.
I only used it for an hour at the end of the day and I had to get used to it, especially with the preset diafragma ring on the adapter. Did forget about that a few times. Also I think it needs closer subjects to really shine.
I didn't get to that point yet. So not much of a test yet.
I thought I use it in low light first to see what it does.
You feel and see it catches a huge amount of light and it needed stop down corrections in many cases.
I will post some more when I have, hopefully better results. I am quiet happy with the FD 35/2, really nice (small) lens that is.

Kind regards,
Michiel

[/CENTER]

Beautiful compositions, Michiel

hodad66

Isn't that the truth!! I'm like the lil baby in the TV
ad a few years ago.... in the hospital nursery the
newborn asks the nurse where he is... she answers
FLORIDA.... both hands go up and the infant yells
"Yesssss"

I can't even imagine having to live a normal life in
snow and ice. Beautiful to see but a horror (at times)
to deal with.....

Ron Evers

Isn't that the truth!! I'm like the lil baby in the TV
ad a few years ago.... in the hospital nursery the
newborn asks the nurse where he is... she answers
FLORIDA.... both hands go up and the infant yells
"Yesssss"

I can't even imagine having to live a normal life in
snow and ice. Beautiful to see but a horror (at times)
to deal with.....
Look at all the fun you missed out on.

Grandsons this time last year in our back yard.

JerryMK

Thanks Tulio... corrected the hyperlink

Inspired by Ron Evers Ice Crystals (thanks)... With a Tokina ATX 90mm f2.8 and Tokina Extender

Michiel Schierbeek

I really like this composition, Michiel. I look forward to more of your thoughts about the 85/1.2, as that is a lens on my list. So is the 35/2.:)

Scott
Thanks Scott.
Still not sure about the FD 85L/1.2 No final conclusions yet.
Here are 3 more I took today.
The first 2 wide open. The last one is not well focused but I like the composition.
Kind regards, Michiel

JerryMK

@Ron: Hi Ron, I wish it was a sunset than it would have been perfect also in my memories. It is a light reflecting christmasball actually.
@Michiel: The thirth one is really great.

This is another one same series