The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Digital Pen-F

anGy

Cool entries guys !
I really can't find a correct way to handle the raw files of this cam. Tried Irident Dev., Olympus Viewer 3 and Lightroom (that can now read those files). The camera jpegs (I-enhanced mode) are always better that my own post-prod. So I stick with the jpg mode for the moment. Here some samples using the monochrome and red filter effect (+ slight Lightroom post prod):

etrigan63

Cool entries guys !
I really can't find a correct way to handle the raw files of this cam. Tried Irident Dev., Olympus Viewer 3 and Lightroom (that can now read those files). The camera jpegs (I-enhanced mode) are always better that my own post-prod. So I stick with the jpg mode for the moment. Here some samples using the monochrome and red filter effect (+ slight Lightroom post prod):

Shoot RAW+JPG until you get the RAW post production figured out. That way you have something to compare to.

anGy

This is what I do and I can't get the same pop in color and contrast from Lightroom without bad side effects starting to show up.
Just tried again today and found the out of cam jpeg better again. This cam is my 2nd body for casual shooting so I'm happy with that in fact.
I also tested the High Res option in raw and jpg.
Even with contrast & sharpness set very low, the OV3 files show more artefacts than the jpg. However when downscaled to the jpg size (10000 for the raw -> 8500 pix wide for the jpg) they are quite the same.
A 240dpi 30" large print should be nice and maybe the max size I would use according to my taste.

Here's my test scene:

and a 100% crop:

Don't want to criticizes, this is quite amazing for such a tiny and reasonabily priced camera.

anGy

Another test comparing a multishot file with a single shot upscaled with photoshop. Even if there is better upscaling options than photoshop the comparison shows the benefit of the High Res option.
The High Res shot has not been sharpened much, artefacts are a limiting factor.

The full scene:

100% crop from the single shot file upscaled to the High res file:

100% crop from the multishot file developed in OV3:

anGy

Really like this little cam + Zuiko lenses combo so far. The Olympus color & the clarity of the glass makes me wonder why so many people are buying Sony Alpha products :)

- - - Updated - - -