The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3 lenses on m4/3

Godfrey

I remember seeing great pictures you took with that 75mm F1.8.. From my experience with the E-M5 and E-M5II it can be very prone to shutter shock at some speeds I often wanted to use. The silent electronic first curtain shutter happily took care if that after a while (E-M5II is OK and the E-M5 got it too through firmware update, if I remember correctly, but for a long time I used the 1/8th second shutter delay to take care of it). What this means is that you will have to choose your second MFT body carefully : I don't know Panasonic bodies very well, but I remember reading that some of the lighter bodies were exhibiting that problem too.
The 75/1.8 is a lovely lens, I bought one as soon as it became available. I've never seen any evidence of "shutter shock" with it on the E-M1 in my use, even before the EFC option was implemented.

Different body, different shutter...

G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The 75 is one of my favorite m43 lenses. Razor sharp and fast!

Never had any issues with it on the EM1.

Knorp

framing far from perfect ...

... but try holding a 1.6 kg lens at an awkward postion for a while