The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M 4/3rds alternative by Samsung

Rawfa

I like the fact that even though it's smaller than the G1 has a bigger sensor. I'm really curious to find out what is that pancake lens. That thing is freaking small. I would love it if it was a 28mm (35mm equivalent). Also, I don't know why but I have the feeling this camera will be pretty affordable.

R

Ranger 9

I'm curious how they're going to solve the chief ray angle problem. Larger sensor + pancake lens + thin body normally equals a steep chief ray angle at the edges of the sensor, leading to various problems.

N

nei1

A lot of people still like the leica format of 3x2 which makes this sensor considerably larger when compared to the G1"s 4x3 cropped to 3x2.And if it could be linked to those beautiful limited edition lenses what a terrific setup.

monza

Neither has Ferrari. Quality and Character count in my world more than sales charts.
Of course, in mine too. :) But we aren't talking about our world. Sam and Pana are marketing to the general market...the perception in that market of what a professional camera looks like is not a rangefinder.

L

Lupo

Neither has Ferrari. Quality and Character count in my world more than sales charts.
Quality?
When a VW loses a button, 10,000 people screaming that there is such an expensive car will not be allowed.
When a Ferrari loses a button, the customer gets a glass of champagne and a few lovely words.
... and the customer is happy about his great car. This is our World!

Character?
Character for a lot of money anyone can! :cool:

(Would Ferrari cars for $ 20,000 to build - it would probably only bicycles.)