The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fast wide PL 12/1.4

marlof

I have the O12, and at f2 I've never ever wished for a faster lens. Probably says more about my type of usage, but anyhow. I am really looking forward to the promised Olympus 25 and 50 1.2 though.

Knorp

I have the O12, and at f2 I've never ever wished for a faster lens. Probably says more about my type of usage, but anyhow. I am really looking forward to the promised Olympus 25 and 50 1.2 though.
Ha! Then you're not a Leica man ... :p

Knorp

Perhaps this video changes your mind:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh well, I can't afford it anyway now. My pusher had a 40-150mm f/2.8 with the TC, new in box, for $1,300. I think I see where this is heading, so I left the D700 and 3 lenses there for him to sell. Full frame Nikon will in the future be the F6 only :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Oh well, I can't afford it anyway now. My pusher had a 40-150mm f/2.8 with the TC, new in box, for $1,300. I think I see where this is heading, so I left the D700 and 3 lenses there for him to sell. Full frame Nikon will in the future be the F6 only :)
The 40-150 and the TC are my favorites on the EM1. Making so many great shots with that combo!

biglouis

What irks me about this and other PanaLeica lenses is the snobby way Leica themselves make statements that they are never going to enter the m43rds market.

Guys! You are already in it!

If you had any sense you'd re-badge the GX8 or GX80 - or even 'Safari' it along with a lens like this and earn yourself a ton of cash flow.

Just my two cents - and yes, I will probably get this lens at some point.

LouisB

biglouis

I picked up the Panasonic 35-100/2.8 for a good price a couple of weeks ago and I am delighted with it. Obviously, it does not have the range of 40-150 but my goodness it is sharp, sharp, sharp. And also very light (I was worried it might be a bit of a boat anchor).

Just saying for people who may be trying to decide between the 35-100 and the 40-150.

Mind you... all the work I have seen with the 40-150 has been very good indeed, so good luck with it Jorgen.

LouisB

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I picked up the Panasonic 35-100/2.8 for a good price a couple of weeks ago and I am delighted with it. Obviously, it does not have the range of 40-150 but my goodness it is sharp, sharp, sharp. And also very light (I was worried it might be a bit of a boat anchor).

Just saying for people who may be trying to decide between the 35-100 and the 40-150.

Mind you... all the work I have seen with the 40-150 has been very good indeed, so good luck with it Jorgen.

LouisB
I was actually ready to buy the 35-100 as well, but found that by buying the 40-150 plus TC, I won't need the 100-400 until the next airshow, which in my case probably won't happen until 2018 :)

But what finally tipped me over was the fact that I need either this lens, the 12-40mm or the 60mm macro to do automatic focus stacking or bracketing with the E-M1. That will save me a lot of work and time when doing product shots.

I might still buy the 35-100 though, for light travel, if I can find one at a great price.