The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica r lenses on the oly e510

paulmoore

anybody out there can give me a pointer as what adapter to go for..just bought a e510 with 14-54m 2.8 lens on ebay but would like to use some of my lux r glass that I have been using on the dmr.
AF confirmation would be great if possible.. and I assume I can use cs2 acr with the files? anyone using aperture2 with it? I am a 4/3rds virgin. I am using as an event and family camera.

kevinparis

i have an adapter... but no leica lenses :) so i cant really say how well they work with leica R. Its just an ebay cheapy... no AF confirm... looked into that but nobody really could tell me if it really worked that well

I use nikon, oly OM, contax and pentax lenses on my 510 - you can see results on flickr page in my sig

getting focus is an issue... i did try a cheapo split prism screen but it didn't work for me so back to original screen.

Infinty focus can be an issue... i have had problems with the nikon and pentax... less of a problem with contax and OM... but that may just be me.

as for processing oly files.. I use aperture and have no problems... then again I am not a major pixel peeper

enjoy your 510.. it should be lighter in the hand than the DMR :)

and check out the oly digital lenses... they are rather good... 12-60 and 9-18 are my favs just because they suit my style of shooting

cheers

K

K

kelvin

LEICA R to 4/3 adapter, by Leica, works perfectly with most R lenses on my oly e520. No AF confirm though.

Jonas

I have used cheapo no-name adapters as well as the Fotodiox adapter chipped by the Dandelion guys at Oly43 club in Russia.
Everything has worked just fine.
The focus confirmation is a hit or miss with quite some "slack". When critical always try to use LiveView.

kweide

My cheap and shabby chinese Adapter... works !
And now is the time to buy R-Lenses
Due to Leica discontinues the complete R-Series i hope and await a flood of used lensstuff on ebay and co....

Lenslust lenslust lenslust, wake up !

helenhill

I had gotten an Adapter from Stephen at CameraQuest /$175.00
when i had an E1 & 420e
with an R 50 summicron
It was Heaven....

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

I use leica lenses on my E-3 and now recently on the Pana G1 with a cheap adapter.
It had some play when mounted but someone mentioned to put some transparant thin tape on the lens side. Since then it doesn't move.
Here is a photo E-3 with the Leica APO Telyt 180 mm 3.4

And here a photograph I took yesterday with this lens. I like a lot of DOF

Kind regards, Michiel (BTW my first post here)