The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The National Museum of the USAF - Amazing Aircraft - Needed more time

Matix

This museum was well worth the effort to get there, but even with 12 hours which was a rush to cover the 4 huge gallery hangars, I would like to have had more time. Regardless, I had a wonderful and enlightening time at the National Museum of the USAF in Dayton Ohio.

From the Wright Brothers first flight at Kittyhawk, close to Dayton, to the Space Exploration and latest aircraft, It was well worth the trip. When my company sent me from Australia to Chicago to present a workshop, I realized that this venue was only an hours flight south east of Chicago and I was not usually that close, so I did the airport shuffle twice, and made my way down there.

While I did not have as much time to wander slowly around, with 4 very large galleries several hundred aircraft to see, and unable to spend a lot of time taking the perfect shots with attention to lighting and tripods etc... I was happy with the result.

I had two camera bodies with me in Chicago, the Lumix GX8 and GX7 bodies, with the 12-35 2.8 and 7-14 attached, it was the right combination. If you like aircraft, and the history of aviation.. albeit with the emphasis on the USAF, take a look.

Comments are welcome....

Click on this link to go to the web site to access the hundreds of pics.

Phil

Home of the XB-36 Valkyrie

Last edited: