The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oly Rangefinder in June!!!!

The one argument which I like about an Oly is the in-body stabilization, which would also work with any third party lens. Or am I wrong about that?

W

wblynch

How about a new term, CLIC ?

Compact, Lens-Interchangeable, Camera.

Okay... just a thought :)

Jonas

Re: "Rangefinder" ?

Sorry, man, but even though everybody knows it's not an actual rangefinder that is the way people are addressing this particular Oly's camera. (...)
Well, some do and they shouldn't... ;)

What about just saying The Oly micro 4/3 mockup? Too boring perhaps.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Actually, the mockup is pretty close conceptually to the original Olympus Pen, which was a fixed-lens, half-frame, scale-focusing pocket camera -- fairly simplistic by the standards of the day, in other words.
I speak of the Pen FT. We have yet to see a small format digital with it's design philosophy. And EVF would make it so possible.

To paraphase Cato, Nos postulo PEN.

Jonas

sardine tin mockup
seems more appropriate to me
Whatever, but not something meaning anything else, like tuna fish...

BTW, how do you get colored text, the combo does not work for me, I had to copy and edit your text
I just clicked on the underlined A among the tools above the text box that opens when replying. That gave me the code with the word black as color. So, I tried something else but black.

Cheers, / Jonas

Whatever, but not something meaning anything else, like tuna fish...
Cheers, / Jonas
but tuna fish tins are usually round, sardine tins look more like the mockup

Thank you for the tip, I tried it, but on my brower that button gives me only black or black

Cheers
Peter

Jonas

but tuna fish tins are usually round, sardine tins look more like the mockup
:)
OK, I think I get the point. Hopefully people stop calling a camera with an LCD finder for rangefinder.

Thank you for the tip, I tried it, but on my brower that button gives me only black or black
Doesn't it give you a code in the textbox looking like this:
[ COLOR="black"]xxx[/COLOR ] (spaces added to make the code visible)

Now exchange black with, for example, yellow and you get any text written inside the tags displayed in yellow.

Cheers, /Jonas