The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1-OUFRO-90mm AA

wolverine

Since no one will buy my 90mm I have been playing with it on the G1 and the OUFRO extender. Does anyone know the the formula to calculate minimum focus distance for this? I plan to do some macro work. The bokeh is wonderful with this set up and easy to focus, though I can see where a tripod will be necessary. This was handheld, 800 ISO, f/2. The background is a textured wall. But is very smooth with this set up. About 8 inches away from the magazine. Focus was on the word The. Not sure I sized it right. I am not experienced in web photo posting. Frank

wolverine

Noisy because they were handheld at ISO 800. I was testing the focus distance with the OUFRO and was guessing. Well aware that macros and tripods go together. I have noise reduction turned off. Still surprised at the noise, though. I rarely shoot over 400. Mostly 100 or 200. When I get some serious macro time we will see how effective this set up is.