The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus 50 Megapixel High-Res Shot Mode?

plinden

Any reviews of the OM-D E-M1 MARK II 50 Megapixel High-Res Shot Mode so far? I've not seen it mentioned in any of the intro reviews! Peter

scott kirkpatrick

Any reviews of the OM-D E-M1 MARK II 50 Megapixel High-Res Shot Mode so far? I've not seen it mentioned in any of the intro reviews! Peter
Ming Thein has the most thorough review with final pre-production hardware, and he mentions the 50 MPx jpegs, saying that they seem to have removed artifacts that troubled him with the M5.2. He didn't mention a raw file output from that mode (80 MPx?), and he has returned his loaner, since he is now working primarily with Hasselblad. I'd like to see someone compare the approaches taken by Hasselblad (4 shots -- if the spacing is one pixel interval that would give all four colors measured at each pixel location -- and 6 shots) and by Olympus (8 shots) for superresolution. But the spacing of the multiple shots is only hinted at in the product literature, and the interpolation used to reduce 8 shots to 4x the raw pixels or to a slightly smaller jpeg is apparently proprietary.

scott