The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

21mm/2.8 Avenon Super-Wide on the G1

Brian,

Out of curiosity--would this be possible through G1 firmware upgrade? I know I will not upgrade to a G1H in the near future--likely will wait down the road for an upgrade in the future. I can live with it 'as is' of course, but a one button choice would be really nice. If it will only be on the newer versions, then I'll just wait. I've gotten pretty fast with it.
Don´t know if I misunderstand the whole thing, but is the G1H any different in this respect from the G1?

Brian Mosley

Hi Per, we won't know for sure until one of us gets to use the GH1... but I would think that Panasonic will keep the G1 & G1H roughly in step, firmware feature wise.

Kind Regards

Brian

Re: One Button Focus Assist

So as not to clash with the Film Mode button in normal circumstances but using it for this purpose it would be only activated when one turns the left focus dial to "Manual", much the same as on many cameras doubling-up switches depending on whether the camera is in shooting mode or review mode.
Excellent idea

Diane B

Hi Per, we won't know for sure until one of us gets to use the GH1... but I would think that Panasonic will keep the G1 & G1H roughly in step, firmware feature wise.

Kind Regards

Brian
That would seem reasonable. So--one can assume if this is possible with firmware, it should be backwards compatible.

I haven't found the answer to this one (perhaps not searching correctly) but--if this is a one button solution--I still wonder how moving the focus area around will work--simply by moving it with 4 way buttons? The only reason I like the way that part is implemented now is--that its sometimes quicker and easier--for me--- to move the focus area to exactly where I want it in the full image than trying to move it afterwards over the whole image.

Diane