The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gh5

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Just compare what Panasonic is doing with the GH5 and what this camera can achieve to what came recently out of Leica in form of the M10 ..... :wtf:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just compare what Panasonic is doing with the GH5 and what this camera can achieve to what came recently out of Leica in form of the M10 ..... :wtf:
The M10 is a fine camera in its own right, and I wouldn't mind owning one. However, what I really look forward to is a camera with the form factor of the M10 and most of the abilities of the GH5. I hope it will be called GX9 :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The M10 is a fine camera in its own right, and I wouldn't mind owning one. However, what I really look forward to is a camera with the form factor of the M10 and most of the abilities of the GH5. I hope it will be called GX9 :D
This is exactly what is on my mind. OT in this thread but IMHO Leica have done the wrong thing to the M10 be cancelling video totally!

Knorp

This is exactly what is on my mind. OT in this thread but IMHO Leica have done the wrong thing to the M10 be cancelling video totally!
:OT:
Peter, really - Leica did the right thing ! Away with video in the M-series !
No revolution here, but evolution by progressive insight :lecture:

PS I don't do video ... :eek:

Best regards,

ptomsu

Workshop Member
:OT:
Peter, really - Leica did the right thing ! Away with video in the M-series !
No revolution here, but evolution by progressive insight :lecture:

PS I don't do video ... :eek:

Best regards,
Sorry, but we obviously do have different needs!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I did some pixel peeping comparing dpr's studio shots between E-M1 II, GM5, GX8 and G85. The 16MP G85 impresses a lot compared to earlier versions of the 16MP sensor. If Panasonic manages to achieve a similar improvement from the GX8 with the GH5, the latter will be a very interesting camera for stills as well.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Had the chance to play with the EM1.2 today while attending an Olympus workshop ... I must say I am impressed by everything!

Totally different camera as the EM1.1, much faster and responsive, superb stills and video quality and much better ergonomics than the EM1.1.

If I this camera would have been available 6-9 months earlier, I would have never bought into the Fuji X system again ...

Starting thinking .....

Peter

rayyan

Hey folks...a confession.

The 5-axis stabilisation intrigues me. I think I might succumb to small in-body and lens stabilisation.

Never tried mFT. Nor video. Not a bird watcher or safari guy. Not too wide.

What would you recommend as a travel/documentary mFT kit for me.

Need maybe 2 pro quality zooms plus maybe one portrait and one macro lens.

Lenses first tier, body weather sealed and second tier would be fine with me.

Thanks.

ptomsu

Workshop Member

The 5-axis stabilisation intrigues me. I think I might succumb to small in-body and lens stabilisation.

Thanks.
Olympus: EM1mark2, 12-40 and 40-150 Pro with 1.4TC

Panasonic: GH5, 12-35 and 35-100 2.8 lenses PLUS Panaleica 100-400

So you have the choice :cool:

I think I still prefer the Olympus lineup ....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Thanks.
For me, it would be the GX8 with the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 and the Zuiko 75mm f/1.8. This is indeed my current kit. Very high quality, very compact and lightweight, and dual IS with the zoom lens. An alternative to the 75mm would be the Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 which is much smaller and lighter than the Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 and also offers dual IS with Panasonic bodies. You lose at the long end though.

Then there are stellar primes like the PL 12mm f/1.4, Zuiko 25mm f/1.2 and PL 42.5mm f/1.2.

Although the GX8 is not a particularly small body, the form factor makes it take up little space. I also find the tilting viewfinder convenient at times, and I love the Panasonic ergonomics which are similar to Nikon's. An alternative to the GX8 is the smaller GX85/80. Less features, but very nice image quality. Better IS, but not as good viewfinder.

rayyan

Peter, Jorgen...

Thanks for the responses.
My grandkids are leaving for States tomorrow.

I shall a kit to be sent to them to bring back.

Which one? I am double minded. The em1.2
and lenses would be more expensive than
The gx8/85.

Thanks guys. Great you two.

Best.

rayyan

GX85 is not weather sealed!

Any opinions on the em5.2?

Thanks.

p.s got to get the right body!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter, Jorgen...

Thanks for the responses.
My grandkids are leaving for States tomorrow.

I shall a kit to be sent to them to bring back.

Which one? I am double minded. The em1.2
and lenses would be more expensive than
The gx8/85.

Thanks guys. Great you two.

Best.
Well at least after the workshop I attended about the EM1.2 and all my previous experiences with the m43 Olympus system I would clearly go for the EM1.2. Totally different camera and really something very special and FAST!

But that is of course my personal opinion and experience ....

rayyan

Thanks Peter. The cost of the Olympus EM1 MK2 plus the lenses, means cannot buy sight unseen. A trip to Dubai seems to be in the cards!!

Best

Well at least after the workshop I attended about the EM1.2 and all my previous experiences with the m43 Olympus system I would clearly go for the EM1.2. Totally different camera and really something very special and FAST!

But that is of course my personal opinion and experience ....