The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Delay to Oly E-M1 Mk2?

Knorp

Hi Bart

Well it's the 9th today, have you got yours yet?!!
Well, the rumour tells customers of shops in Singapore and Germany.
Living in the low countries I'm sure we'll be last in line.
Anyway, I didn't pre-order anything at all ... :angel:

k-hawinkler

According to B&H, Om-d e-m1 mark ii mirrorless micro four ... BH# OLEM12 1 Processing:
"New Item - Coming Soon, Will begin shipping 2016-12-12" :clap: :LOL:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This date - the 22nd December - is obviously the worst date for starting delivery ----- XMAS business is almost gone by then :toocool:

Knorp

This date - the 22nd December - is obviously the worst date for starting delivery ----- XMAS business is almost gone by then :toocool:
Perhaps the business is gone, but as long as it turns up under your Xmas tree, who cares ... :grin:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Many have received theirs, They arrived at the dealers' in Bangkok two days ago, which was according to the original plan. User experiences so far seem to be very positive.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Same price here, Peter.
Then it is actually not too bad, although still pretty expensive.

Might anyway give it a try as I would be interested in the 1:1.2/25 Oly lens and that would obviously be the best camera for it :cool:

Elderly

Same price here, Peter.
I don't know if they are available yet in the UK, but the advertised price here is around £200 more than in Europe ....... and that MK2 price in Europe is around £200 more than an XT-2 complete with an 18-55 lens here in the UK :banghead:.

How much is an XT-2 in Europe?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I don't know if they are available yet in the UK, but the advertised price here is around £200 more than in Europe ....... and that MK2 price in Europe is around £200 more than an XT-2 complete with an 18-55 lens here in the UK :banghead:.

How much is an XT-2 in Europe?
XT2 price in Austria is currently €1698.-

I wonder how many EM1m2 can be sold for that price anyway, as overall the XT2 offers so much in all aspects that it is really hard to compete even without taking price into the equation ....

k-hawinkler

XT2 price in Austria is currently €1698.-

I wonder how many EM1m2 can be sold for that price anyway, as overall the XT2 offers so much in all aspects that it is really hard to compete even without taking price into the equation ....
I don't think one can go wrong with either the E-M1.2 or the X-T2.
As I already have a great m43 lens collection I am going with the E-M1.2. It should arrive tomorrow Thursday.
A friend of mine swears by the Fuji system and he has the pictures to show that.
As I have the Sony A7r2 and great lenses I recently got also an a6300 for APS-C format. Should have waited for the a6500 though.
So, no need for me to invest in yet another for me new system that the Fuji would be. Also I prefer having IBIS in a camera.

Camera of the Year 2016: Best Overall
https://www.dpreview.com/opinion/6713802505/gear-of-the-year-richard-s-choice-fujifilm-x-t2

Last edited: