The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oly 25/1.2 pro

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
These compatibility issues between Panasonic and Olympus are really annoying, up to the fact that I meanwhile am using Fuji much more - one system all out of one hand!

But I also think Pana and Oly will not solve these compatibility issues in the future, why should they?
With both suppliers offering an incredibly complete lens line-up, there isn't much to complain about anyway, is there. I'm going almost exclusively Panasonic now (except a Zuiko 75mm which I seem to have bought, and will hopefully pick up today), but my needs are mostly covered anyway :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
With both suppliers offering an incredibly complete lens line-up, there isn't much to complain about anyway, is there. I'm going almost exclusively Panasonic now (except a Zuiko 75mm which I seem to have bought, and will hopefully pick up today), but my needs are mostly covered anyway :)
Enjoy your 75!

Anyway I would like to be able to use for example the PanaLeica 100-400 with full dual IS support on the EM1m2, or the Nocticron, or etc., etc.....

It is for sure not a technical issue, just marketing and this is annoying!

k-hawinkler

I remember having read an interview by some company officials stating that IBIS could be made interoperable technically - but no such agreement is in place between the two companies. :banghead:

marlof

Not to speak of the fact that Olympus cameras don't support the aperture ring some Panasonic lenses have. That is the one thing that I'd like to have, and that makes me sometimes eye Fuji. But since I'm very pleased with my two m43 sets (weatherproof: EM1, 12-40, 40-150+TC, 25; small: Pen-F, 12, 17/PL25, 45, 75) and I do this just for fun, it stops at eyeing right now.

Amin

LensTip is very price sensitive, and in this case I think it caused them to miss how special a lens the Olympus is. The parts about spherical aberration and bokeh were not consistent with what I am seeing. The smoothness of the Olympus bokeh wide open is IMO the most unique aspect of the lens.

The 25 PRO is for me one of the most compelling reasons to choose Micro 4/3 vs other systems.

marlof

This is an in camera JPEG (EM1, Monochrome profile, everything standard, except +1 contrast). All I added in Lightroom is a slight vignet.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This is an in camera JPEG (EM1, Monochrome profile, everything standard, except +1 contrast). All I added in Lightroom is a slight vignet.
Really great! And it shows once more what lens reviews can be for - particularly nothing. Because they never take into account real life when taking a shot!

I want this lens!

Peter

marlof

Well, you could take portraits of people instead. Not the same impact, I know, but sometimes you can only use what you do have.

k-hawinkler

LensTip is very price sensitive, and in this case I think it caused them to miss how special a lens the Olympus is. The parts about spherical aberration and bokeh were not consistent with what I am seeing. The smoothness of the Olympus bokeh wide open is IMO the most unique aspect of the lens.

The 25 PRO is for me one of the most compelling reasons to choose Micro 4/3 vs other systems.
Thanks Amin. Two charts from this review you refer to: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25 mm f/1.2 PRO | LensTip

Shot with E-PL1

Shot with E-M5.2

I assume using the E-M1.2 would yield further improvements.