The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 really delivers!

simonclivehughes

My wife and I spent the weekend in Victoria as part of a birthday celebration and I took my two G1 bodies with the 14-45 and 45-200 kit lenses. Such a nice small, light kit and easy to use. The more I use this camera, the more I like it. The results are just fantastic.

I shot virtually everything aperture priority with intelligent ISO. Simple and easy.

Here's the gallery of the Victoria images:

http://web.me.com/simonchughes/Site/Whats_New.html

Here's a few teasers:

View attachment 13401

View attachment 13400

View attachment 13399

Ciao,

Last edited:

wjlapier

Love the B+W one.

I too have both kit lenses and will be taking this camera along on our spring break vacation in about three weeks. I like that it is compact, takes great pic, the lenses are very good, and the 200mm end can be fun when the kids are playing on the beach and don't know dad is taking pictures of them. And from the look of your B+W image could be a nice street shooting lens too.

Thanx for sharing!

m3photo

Re: G1's and violins really deliver!

The more I use this camera, the more I like it.
Yep, seems to be the general consensus with this little gem. Conversely on "another" forum well known to most - those who sneer at it is because they just haven't dared to "lower" themselves to buy such a toy.

The violinist in your image thinks the same about his instrument, I'm sure. Hopefully my G1 won't start snapping the hairs on it's bow from too much enthusiasm ...

Conversely on "another" forum well known to most - those who sneer at it is because they just haven't dared to "lower" themselves to buy such a toy.
I do not frequent all fora. The ones I do, dpreview and l-camera on the whole are rather positive. Which forum did I miss?

mark1000

I do not frequent all fora. The ones I do, dpreview and l-camera on the whole are rather positive. Which forum did I miss?
I suspect its AV forums, i got smeared with the (girls only ) and ( toy ) monikers when i announced that i had purchased a G1.

Mark.

Edit. Rafael ( F6cvalkyrie ) and i are flying the G1 flag over there for what its worth.
Link.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/photo-sharing/913765-panasonic-g1-gallery-come-have-look.html

My wife and I spent the weekend in Victoria as part of a birthday celebration and I took my two G1 bodies with the 14-45 and 45-200 kit lenses. Such a nice small, light kit and easy to use. The more I use this camera, the more I like it. The results are just fantastic.
Beautiful pictures Simon, and welcome to this forum
Ciao
Peter

helenhill

Hi Simon

went through Your Beautiful Victoria series /G1
lovely ...my favs were the B&W...quite Moody be it w/vignetting, pushing the grain/noise,
& hi contrast pixs

LizaWitz

My wife and I spent the weekend in Victoria
Simon, it was great to see Victoria thru your eyes. My favorites are the one you lead off with and "Contrast". I looked at your other albums, and it seems we've been many of the same places-- though you took better pictures. Thanks!

endre novak

Indeed very nice work and result. Excellent images. Especially like your b/w-s. The kit lens seems to perform outstanding, which is my own experience, too. The tele is okey, as well. Your other galleries are great, too incl. Budapest :clap:
Cheerio,
Endre

simonclivehughes

Thanks Endre,

I had far too little time in Budapest! It was a business trip but then I always have a camera with me so I made the best of the time I did have. Beautiful city, and very warm people.

Ciao,