The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

f6cvalkyrie

The 55 Micro-Nikkor
f/11 or f/16 - Great fun on the G1.

I have one from the usa at the belgian customs nowadays :mad:
I hope to have it here for the weekend !

C U
Rafael

Diane B

Hadn't used the FD50 f/1.8 for awhile so dashed between showers and set it up with stacked 12mm and 20mm extension tubes on the RRS focusing rail.

Opening echinacea f/4.0 1/30s ISO100

Diane

Photomorgana

Here are some samples of Cooke Kinetal 50mm f1.8 (all wide open)
I was amazed with how it handles the highlights and no purple fringing or aberration. It also seems to be very sharp.
and bokeh is very unique, like oil painting... :)
No cropping was done.

woodyspedden

I don't have the G1 any longer but when I had it I successfully used the Konica Hexanon 50 1.2 with it. The Konica is simply much better wide open (IMHO) than either the Canon or the Nikkor (I do have the Nikkor)

I would recommend the Hexanon to you folks although it is admittedly a bit pricey.

Good shooting

Woody

Michiel Schierbeek

Canon FD 50mm f/1.2

Soft - f/1.2

I don't know why but I just love this photo, like a nice whatercolour. So, thar's why.

Here are 2 with the Olympus OM 50/1.8 It is not very sharp wide open but I like it a lot more on digital then the 50/1.4.
Flowers.
Michiel

Jonas

While figuring out what 50mm lens I really want to have in my bag I play with what I already have. Here is something my better half call "Clivia", right on, no strange angles or anything:

regards, /Jonas

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Now , we have seen enough flowers .
Here some rotten stuff . If you print it on toilet paper , you will have a phantastic modern aquarell .

View attachment 17348

G1 + standard zoom . Call it cheat , but I can't see flowers any more .