The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Diane B

Nothing exciting but thought I would share a couple from my Canon EF 50 f/1.4--handheld. Obviously a boring shooting day LOL.

end of the line for the echinaceas I set the aperture on the EOS body to f/1.8

back to f/1.4

This lens (and the 28 f/1.8) aren't terribly unwieldy on the G1, but--the fact that you have to have to set the aperture on an EOS body certainly limits it unless one decides what that would be and live with it for a full period of shooting--maybe f/1.8--since I have an FD 50 f/1.8 which is nice stopped down from there.

Diane

Godfrey

Nothing exciting but thought I would share a couple from my Canon EF 50 f/1.4--handheld. Obviously a boring shooting day LOL.
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/image/114761398/original.jpg

end of the line for the echinaceas I set the aperture on the EOS body to f/1.8
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/image/114761396/original.jpg

back to f/1.4
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/image/114761394/original.jpg
No such thing as boring in those photos. They're very nice!

I had the EF 50/1.4 and EF 28/1.8 when I had Canon gear. Both are a good lenses, stopped down even a little from wide open they perform well. Like so many other ultra-fast lenses, wide open is just that hair soft.

But who cares when you make such nice photos with them. :)

RonSmith

Great pictures, Diane!

I had the EF 50/1.4 and EF 28/1.8 when I had Canon gear
I have both those lenses, which I use on my 40D. I haven't acquired an EOS adapter as of yet, since I am using my Leica M lenses and a handful of Nikkors I still kept around on my G1. Might have to try it ... especially for the 400/5.6.

Here's one I took last evening with a 50/1.4 Summilux.

Michiel Schierbeek

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8

It delivers a strange bokeh, but I think it is not bad. It is a lens coming from an Edixa-reflex and has a M42 mount. It is very well made.
Here are some samples with the usual flowers :rolleyes:

Michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Michiel, I love the bokeh as it appears in #2.

They call it a swirly bokeh, I believe. Remember someone was asking in one of the forums, for lenses with a swirly bokeh. This is one.

Michiel

Here are 3 more with the Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8

#2 is so delicate and lovely.
I really am a swirly bokeh fan if it looks painterly. My Leica 85mm f/1.5 Summarex often has a painterly swirly bokeh, too.

Michiel Schierbeek

[/QUOTE] Cindy Flood wrote; My Leica 85mm f/1.5 Summarex often has a painterly swirly bokeh, too.[/QUOTE]

I do remember those posts of your Summarex lens in the Leica dep.
They were oustanding!
Did look at them again. They do have some resemblance in the way they draw.
Do you use that lens on the G1 as well? Would like to see some again.

Kind regards, michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy Flood wrote; My Leica 85mm f/1.5 Summarex often has a painterly swirly bokeh, too.[/quote]

I do remember those posts of your Summarex lens in the Leica dep.
They were oustanding!
Did look at them again. They do have some resemblance in the way they draw.
Do you use that lens on the G1 as well? Would like to see some again.

Kind regards, michiel[/quote]

Michiel,
I haven't taken it out recently, but it will soon be butterfly season here and I'll be using it for that. Here is a shot from last winter in Arizona. (Please excuse this 85mm lens in the 50mm thread.:angel:)

G1 and Summarex wide open

scho

Thank you Leica77 and Cindy. The 50 1.5 Nokton is indeed a very nice lens and it performs well at wider apertures.

Best regards,
Carl

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks for that. That was a wonderfull photo!
Just came back from Canada and had no time to answer.
See photographs in my last post.
Kind regards, Michiel

Michiel,
I haven't taken it out recently, but it will soon be butterfly season here and I'll be using it for that. Here is a shot from last winter in Arizona. (Please excuse this 85mm lens in the 50mm thread.:angel:)

G1 and Summarex wide open
[/QUOTE]