The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

wjlapier

I'd like to start a thread where we show only pictures using 50'ish mm type lenses. By 50'ish I mean 50, 55, 58 and so on, as long as it's in the 50mm range of lenses. Doesn't matter if it's a c-mount, LTM, M, SLR or other. Just post what sort of lens it is, it's native mount, and anything else you'd like to share. I'll start with one I converted myself.

Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2. Native mount was Minolta MC converted to Nikon F Mount--shot at 1.2. I'll have to make a poster out of this for my girls :)

M

Mingjai

This was with a Canon FD(n) 50mm f/1.4, at f/5.6 or so. I prefocused and then called the dogs to run across the frozen Minnesota pond.

Diane B

I don't have too many as I shoot more with the 14-45 and FD 24 and 35, but here is one--one of the very first with the FD 50 f/1.8 @ 1.8 or 2.0--don't remember

and one with the 45-200 f/7.1

Thought I'd add this one--14-45 at 45mm f/13==Crape Myrtle pods in winter

Diane

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Here a contribution with "product photography" .
Camera is LUMIX G1 + KONICA HEXANON 2/50 + NOVOFLEX M-Mount adapter .

View attachment 13436

Distance is about 80cm at aperture f16 . I believe , the result speaks for itself .

Y.B.Hudson III

spring's here... Leitz Elmar f=5cm 1:3.5... @ f/3.8±, 100 iso @ 1300... ~ G1, in-house adapter fab.

2 yr. old Norwegian Fjord stud colt...

how's d@ smear? ... :angel:

Last edited:

monza

Some very nice photos. :)

I just received my adapter today so I can use my Carl Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50/1.5, I'll see if I can shoot something that is worthy.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi

here's our clivia that starts to flower now :)

G1 with Nikon 50/f1.4 @f11 1/8sec iso400

I hope you like them !

Rafael

R

Ranger 9

Is that what the Brits mean when they say, "Same to you, with knobs on"? (Or do they still say that?)

Anyway, it's a cool image and a nice demonstration of smooth transition from focus to defocus.