The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Jonas

Well I hope the Leica 60 mm f2.8 Macro Elmarit counts as a 50 mm still.;-)
I must say you have a very clean keyboard. I wouldn't post a close-up of mine... Well, it doesn't matter, 60 is not 50 so the images are disqualified anyway, LOL. Cheers, /Jonas

deepdiver

Hahahhaha
Yes yes! the pretty girl of course..!:D
and actually she was very happy that day.
look at her face on this pic.
She was about to laugh :p

Andree

R

Ranger 9

Hahahhaha
Yes yes! the pretty girl of course..!:D
and actually she was very happy that day.
look at her face on this pic.
She was about to laugh :p
Andree
Your model is lovely and you seem to have access to some very photgenic locations as well.

But it many of these pictures, it seems as if the highlights are slightly burned out...? Is that characteristic of this lens, or were you intentionally going for an "airy" effect?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Former Soviet Union Fed 50mm/F3.5 Collapsible

I collect FSU cameras and lenses and the G1 gives me a good way to quickly evaluate them digitally.

This Fed is a Leica Elmar lookalike and is from the late fifties. Because it is collapsible it can only be used on the G1 extended.
Both shots hand held at 1/60 and ISO 200 for the first and ISO 400 for the second - F5.6. Processed in Lightroom.

Keith

pentacon6

Former Soviet Union Fed 50mm/F3.5 Collapsible

I collect FSU cameras and lenses and the G1 gives me a good way to quickly evaluate them digitally.

This Fed is a Leica Elmar lookalike and is from the late fifties. Because it is collapsible it can only be used on the G1 extended.
Both shots hand held at 1/60 and ISO 200 for the first and ISO 400 for the second - F5.6. Processed in Lightroom.

Keith
:bugeyes: Shocking!

I always wonder how is the performance of the old russian lens in digital world. It is too expensive to have a Leica M8 for testing. Now your shot really make me worry about the price rise of this collapsible lens in eBay. :rolleyes:

wjlapier

I always wonder how is the performance of the old russian lens in digital world. It is too expensive to have a Leica M8 for testing. Now your shot really make me worry about the price rise of this collapsible lens in eBay. :rolleyes:
I've found a few gems in my collection because of the G1. The 3.5cm Summaron and 5cm Elmar are a couple. The Nikkor 5cm/2 LTM is another. But I agree, the G1 might have an impact on the ol' FED's prices in the future.

the G1 might have an impact on the ol' FED's prices in the future.
There are so many thousand around I would not think so. The situation is different with c-mount lenses. Their prices have explosed. Before the arrival of the G1 you could get them for peanuts.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Looks like this lens is available for around $50US. But the Jupiter 3, 50mm F1.5 would be better and is tougher to find - now around $125

Keith

JerryMK

Hi all, love this tread and compliments on the pics to all !!!
Like to add my contribution:

Panasonic G1 | Canon 50mm F/1.4

apicius9

There are so many thousand around I would not think so. The situation is different with c-mount lenses. Their prices have explosed. Before the arrival of the G1 you could get them for peanuts.
Ain't that the truth! I feel like I have come late to the party - I started looking at c-mount lenses 3 weeks ago and prices have multiplied in that time frame alone. I bought a Taylor Hobson tele this morning and realized that I could have gotten a very nice old Leitz Hektor 135 for less... I have been so busy finding the last few affordable cine lenses that I didn't have time to take pictures, but I hope to change that soon...

Stefan

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi all, love this tread and compliments on the pics to all !!!
Like to add my contribution:

Panasonic G1 | Canon 50mm F/1.4
Love the mood of this shot, and the composition. I have this lens too - it is very good and a bargain at today's prices.

Keith

pentacon6

sigh~if you dare to take the risk, you can bought a Tevidon 25mm by Euro 40 each in a big lot. Now you see it......

I just concentrate on some CCTV lenses as an alternative and try my luck. I agree with petermcwerner's point, there is thousand of option out there. That's good enough to let the old dead lenses come to life.

R

Ranger 9

Another afternoon tech rehearsal at the ballet, with the 50mm f/0.95 Canon on the G1:

"Tech rehearsal" means it's mostly for the tech crew to figure out lighting cues, so the dancers can wear practice attire instead of their costumes, and don't always dance "full out" to save their strength for the final dress rehearsals and performances. Still, sometimes I get some of my favorite pictures at tech rehearsals.

Speaking of tech: While playing around with the G1 last night, I re-realized (had read it in the instruction book but then forgot) that I could dial in a smaller spot metering area, and it came in handy today.

HansenTsang

It was a miserable day at golf but I managed to catch a few shots with the G1 and Voigtlander 40 mm f1.4 Leica M mount.

Last edited: