The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone actually get a jinfinance adapter

I ordered the G1 to Leica M adapter over a month ago from jinfinance and the paypal funds are long gone. I still haven't gotten it. He's been telling me "You will get it in a few days" for over three weeks.

I've asked for a refund or for some sort of shipping confirmation and I don't get either one.

Is he having a bad month or is this a scam?

Tom

monza

The original Jinfinance adapter was slightly off in terms of infinity focus. Apparently his revised model is taking a little longer than he originally anticipated.

The Rayqual is tops.

wjlapier

The original Jinfinance adapter was slightly off in terms of infinity focus. Apparently his revised model is taking a little longer than he originally anticipated.

The Rayqual is tops.
Are the Raqual and CQ adapters the same?

As for jinfinance, I've bought several adapters from him and all have arrived. The one the OP enquired about I bought from CQ, but I wouldn't say jinfinance is a scam.

Diane B

I 'think' the Rayqual and CQ FD adaptors are the same. They look identical except for the lack of the Rayqual name on the CQ one.

Diane

Jonas

Is he having a bad month or is this a scam?

Tom
I don't think it is a scam. I ordered the first version of his M-mount-->micro4/3 adapter. It arrived but as it was from the first batch one couldn't reach infinity.

We communicated and in the end I sent him £7 and got a Canon FD-->micro4/3 adapter instead (as I already had ordered another M-mount-->micro4/3 adapter from another source to get it faster).

jinfinance was very nice and correct during the process. It's an unfortunate situation you have there. I don't know any details of course but remember he may feel the same as you do. I hope you can work it somehow.

monza

I'm actually surprised RJ has not refunded or sent a replacement. All previous posts I've seen, he's sent replacements and not even asked for the original one back.

He's always been prompt at replying to me, and I've never actually ordered...

R

Ranger 9

I just received my replacement M-mount adapter from him today.

I am pretty sure this is from his first batch of revised M-mount adapters, because in the meantime I had ordered another adapter from him and he emailed to ask if he could delay that a couple of days until he could send the M-mount adapter as well. (I told him that would be fine.)

He had said that he would ship on Tuesday, March 3, so if that's accurate it took just over two weeks to arrive. Incidentally, it did not come to me directly from him; apparently he ships them to an associate in the US, who then sends them to US recipients. That person (in Milford, CT) shipped it to me via priority mail on March 16, so once the shipments reach the US, they seem to move quickly.

The service Khachadurian reports receiving from him is certainly less favorable than what I have been getting, so I think K. is very justified in demanding a refund. But I can say based on my own experience that this certainly isn't a scam; so far I have ordered two adapters and have received THREE adapters (including a replacement for the original out-of-spec one.) I suspect that the variable results people have been getting have more to do with the vagaries of small-volume contract manufacturing and international shipping.

I received the shipment at work, so haven't had a chance to try out either of the new adapters yet; will let y'all know when I get a chance to look them over.

PS -- If somebody just wants a sure-to-work M adapter with as little fuss as possible, I'd still suggest getting the RayQual/CameraQuest adapter; they have the best track record and the vendors (Dirk and Stephen) seem to be nearly 100% reliable. But I appreciate the work RJ has been doing trying to line up manufacture of a wide range of adapters, so I have been inclined to be tolerant about the problems he has encountered. Incidentally, in my most recent email from him (yesterday) he said he expects Nikon F adapters "will be complete in about 2~3 weeks..."

Last edited:

gDallasK

Mine arrived very quickly but, alas, doesn't reach infinity. I assume that it came from the first batch.

However, the J Milich adapter I have now acquired reaches infinity "and beyond" to quote Buzz Lightyear.

I will renew my patience

Thanks for your stories. I'm more than willing to accept that this a fluke. Perhaps some day my adapter will come.

Tom

cap'n bill

Mine arrived today, 18 March, bought 12 Feb. It was delivered from a UK address! Adapter is quite nicely made, focusses very slightly past infinity but nothing to worry about. No slop on either mount.

M

Mingjai

I'm using his FD adapter, which I ordered back around Chinese New Year. I ordered right at the end of the holiday and I received it in about a week from the Connecticut forwarder. It seems to focus just past infinity, which is no big deal to me.

R

Ranger 9

Re: I will renew my patience

Thanks for your stories. I'm more than willing to accept that this a fluke. Perhaps some day my adapter will come.
Tom
I would still demand some remediation if I were you.

From the various posts here it sounds as if he has changed his distribution system (going from direct shipment to using forwarders in various countries) and if yours happened to go out during the changeover period, it might easily have "fallen through the cracks" without any way for him to know about it or correct the problem (other than you insisting on it.)

That type of problem is understandable, but there's no reason you should have to be penalized for it.

F

funkydog

Hi first post. I've been lurking in this forum for a while and just registered so I can add my 2 cents.
Jinfinance is a good guy. I received my M adapter by EMS courier at no extra charge within 2 days after sending him a reminder (I live in the same time zone as him). Before that, I had waited three weeks before realising that I hadn't got a shipping confirmation email. I guess he got swamped by the volume of orders and mine slipped through the cracks. Anyway, he made good on it and that's what matters. The usual disclaimers, I don't know him from Adam, yadda. YMMV.

A

azul123

Jin is a straight up guy, he ain't no scam... I think he has been swamped by the orders for adapters... I placed more orders with Jin for Nikkor F-G1 adapter, if all goes well should be ready by mid-April.

../azul123

A

azul123

oh.. in case, you are trying to locate the Nikkor F-G1 adapter it is not yet available on his site yet.

../azul123

HansenTsang

I just received my Leica M to G1 adapter from Jinfinance today. It didn't take too long. So far I ordered four adapters and three came in from Shanghai and one from Connecticut.

m3photo

I'll add my favourable backing of RJ "jinfinance". Communicative and honest, he has also offered to send me a replacement adapter without having to send back the first one. On the strength of this I asked him to put me on his list for the Nikon-F version. He sends to Europe through a relative of his who lives in Basingstoke U.K.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I received my replacement Leica M to Micro Four Thirds adapter from Rong Jin (Jinfinance) 18th March without having to send back the first adapter.
I believe it reaches infinity and maybe even goes a slight bit further, but I haven't made any controlled moon-shot tests at wide open aperture yet.
No problems when doing cityscapes so far, here with a Leica Summarit-M 2.5/50.

Panasonic G1 • Leica Summarit-M 2.5/50

Last edited: