The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Cine-Kodak Telephoto 152/4.5

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

an hour ago, my c-mount adaptor (from Monza, thank you Robert) arrived, and I could not resist to put it to work immediately.

Here's the first results, some close-ups from my garden

It's a windy day over here, so some loss of sharpness might be due to movement in the subject. Also, due to the long focal length, it would probably be better if i used a tripod.

The lens covers the sensor 100%, the pictures are 100% at 3/2 setting, without any cropping, and so far, I did not discover any smearing or vignetting.
Both pictures taken at full opening !

Needless to say, that I am already very happy with this first results :D

C U,
Rafael

Last edited:
Hi,

an hour ago, my c-mount adaptor (from Monza, thank you Robert) arrived, and I could not resist to put it to work immediately.
Here's the first results, some close-ups from my garden

It's a windy day over here, so some loss of sharpness might be due to movement in the subject. Also, due to the long focal length, it would probably be better if i used a tripod.
Rafael,

One can see the sharpness of the lens by looking at the leaves. With macro or close up shots, DOF is very small; a tripod will certainly help, but it is windy, even a tripod will not solve the problem.

Good luck for your further experiments

Cheers
Peter

wjlapier

Rafael,
How close were you to those flowers? I have one Kodak lens, but from the look of your tele version and my 15 ( same as your's I presume ) I think I might look at the Kodaks a bit more, especially beyond 50mm.

Thanx--Bill

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Bill,

i took that shot at minimum focusing distance, and that reads 10 ft on my lens.
So, more or less 3 meter, isn't it ?

However, I found out later, that by lifting a little plug on the lens, one can focus even closer. Here's 2 pics to show that :

(lens at min focus distance without lifting the plug)

(lens at min focous distance after lifting the plug)

tomorrow, I wil try to determine what difference this gives in actual minimum focusing distance !

C U
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I just measured the minimum focusing distance, to be :

plug not lifted : 3.05 m
plug lifted : 1.80 m

both tests with barrel turned towards the 10 ft mark as shown in the pictures above !

C U,
Rafael