The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Kodak Cine-Ektar 15 mm f2.5

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

The second c-mount lens I am testing now, is the WA Kodak Cine-Ektar 15 mm f2.5
This lens does not cover the sensor, it projects a circular image somewhat bigger than the shortest dimension of the sensor. However, I found this lens to be knife-sharp, and with the manual focus adjust of the G1, quite easy to use.

I decided to take advantage of the circular image to take this picture :

Some minor corrections to exposure level, cropped a little, converted to monochrome and added blacklevel in Silkypixs.
In PSP Photo X2 : added borders

I hope you like it !

Rafael

wjlapier

I have this lens too and can attest to it's sharpness. On mine the middle knurled ring can unscrew and you can change the orientation of the aperture and focus info. It works well as a macro lens, even though the distance info says minimum focus is ~6in.

Cine-Ektar 15/2.5 @ 2.5 16:9 uncropped.

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks for the tip, wjlapier, mine can do so too, at least if you mean in 4 steps of 90° ?
And, same system on the telephoto 152 mm one !

C U,
Rafael

wjlapier

Thanks for the tip, wjlapier, mine can do so too, at least if you mean in 4 steps of 90° ?
And, same system on the telephoto 152 mm one !

C U,
Rafael
I think these are actually adapters to the Kodak Cine lenses. It says "Kodak Adapter Type C" on the ring. hmmm...

apicius9

I'm really glad to see that these Kodak lenses work so well. I had a slight loss of impulse control the other day and have this here in the mail (and hope I won't get in trouble borrowing the photo from the auction house...)

Stefan

f6cvalkyrie

:bugeyes: Now, that set should keep you busy for a few days :bugeyes::bugeyes:

have fun with them, and show us some pics, lateron !
Rafael

wjlapier

I'm really glad to see that these Kodak lenses work so well. I had a slight loss of impulse control the other day and have this here in the mail (and hope I won't get in trouble borrowing the photo from the auction house...)

Stefan
Stefan,
I can't tell from the picture, but does at least one of those lenses have the c-mount adapter?

apicius9

Stefan,
I can't tell from the picture, but does at least one of those lenses have the c-mount adapter?
I don't think so but I have one already, so I'm all set to go.

I actually bought a whole bunch more c-mount lenses from an auction of a huge camera collection through an auction house, including a variety of fast 25mm lenses like the Cooke Kinic 1.5, Angenieux 0.95 etc. plus a lot of 10 c-mount TV lenses that I know nothing about. So I look forward to the surprise package and I should be busy playing with those for the rest of the year... Once the semester is over I will have more time to go out and actually use them, I hope.

Stefan