The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Curious news from Pana

Jonas

Jonas--what handstrap is that you have on the G1 please?? (...)
Hi,

That's a Camdapter handstrap attached to a camdapter bottom plate for the Manfrotto QR system. I have a Manfrotto MGRC2 head on my legs (lol, sorry) so it is a RC2 plate then. The head and the plate took OK care about my 5D and does really good with the little G1.

The handstrap makes it very easy to reach for the camera in the bag and get it out quickly. When carrying the camera in hand it is, as you know, a relief for the muscles in the hand and the fingers.

regards, /Jonas

Diane B

Ah, thanks, I have an old Camdaptor with Arca Swiss plate (its on my 400D at the moment). I know he has new plates now--and perhaps a little lighter weight. Mine seems heavy for what it is, but it works well. I'll have to look at his handstraps now since I know he's improved the line.

Diane

Jonas

Ah, thanks, I have an old Camdaptor with Arca Swiss plate (...)
The Arca Swiss is probably better than my Manfrotto, Magnesium Hydrostatic or not...

I met a couple of other 4/3 system users (DPR people, all very nice IRL) today. The little ZD9-18 was of great interest to one of them and impressed on all thanks to good performance and a very nice performance to size/weight ratio.

My G1 was the only one there and it was met with silence... No, not really, but the open minded souls were all impressed by the viewfinder. Other notes; the Zuiko OM90/2 Macro won a place in everybody's heart I think. So nice, so sharp, such good bokeh. But expensive and long, of course.

regards, /Jonas