The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question re the 20mm f1.7 Pancake

simonclivehughes

Does anyone know if the pancake will have a distance scale on it? As much as I would love to have this lens, if it doesn't, I'm going to pass and look for an alternative. I find that manual focusing with the G1's kit lenses is awkward as I never know which way to turn the focus ring... there's no infinity stop. Because of this, it's a slow process.

If the pancake is the same design, I think I'd rather look for a fast ~20mm M-mount lens (possibly the Zeiss 21 2.8 as I simply can't afford Leica). At least then I know where I am and I can easily set up for critical focusing a lot faster. I currently have the CV 21mm f4, but it's really too slow for what I need.

I know the lens won't be available until the fall (or at least this is what I hear), but I wondered if anyone had seen anything on this topic.

Cheers,

simonclivehughes

Thanks Diane, that's what I expected. Oh well, I guess I'm going to look for alternatives. I really don't care for the turn-forever rings on the Panny lenses! You just can't scale focus either.

Ciao,