The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I just wet myself... Angie 1.1/28mm

Jonas

I do believe we have a winner of "THE ultimate superfast normal" for the G1 prize. Is it better than the Switar 1.1/26? Something tells me. yes.
It's not impossible. When looking at the images in the ad it seems as it covers more of the sensor than the Kern Switar 26/1.1 does. Then it is hard to say if there is smearing or not. I wonder a little seeing the image with the tree in the background and the bench where the gravel on the left look a bit weird. That may of course also be due to the the shallow DOF and some Cat's eye effect.

The Switar has to be cropped down to nearly 1:1 in many instances but renders the OOF parts beautifully, something I haven't seen in other Angeniuex images. Then again, the 28/1.1 looks OK in these images. Pretty expensive though.

M

milapse

Then it is hard to say if there is smearing or not.
Check out the upper left corner of the bell shot. Looks quite un-smeared to me?

Yes It's a pretty penny. I've got to hold on to my $1500 in the piggy bank for the GH1... And raise the Extra $1000 or who knows for the 7-14

Jonas

Check out the upper left corner of the bell shot. Looks quite un-smeared to me?
You're probably right. I can't tell for sure at the size the image is shown but it looks good.

Yeah, a GH1 and a G7-14... I would have to save for quite some time to afford that combo.

monza

I'm happy with my newly arrived tiny Xenoplan 25/1.9. ;) That 28mm looks fine, but not pretty and kind of a handful....

wjlapier

Too much and too big. I'll pass on this one.

Want to hear more about the Xenoplan, Robert. Vignette, smear, and the goodies ;)

monza

Vignette? I held it up to my Nikon D40x, and it covers the sensor! Full report won't be til next week as I loaned out my G1. Miss it already. :(

M

milapse

I'm still pondering ways to make the Xenoplan easier on the hand... considering super gluing a tab on the aperture and some sort of grip on the focus!

R

robertasumendi

It does look good for sure... but for $1500 you can now pick up a used 5D body and a 50/1.4....

wjlapier

Vignette? I held it up to my Nikon D40x, and it covers the sensor! Full report won't be til next week as I loaned out my G1. Miss it already. :(
Never loan out your c-mount camera when THE c-mount lens is about to arrive :)

I know how you feel. I have to part with my M3 soon...