The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

xenoplan 25/1.9 mods

M

milapse

With some superglue, 1/4" belt and a plastic tab I made the Schneider xenoplan a lot easier to handle on the G1. Check it out:

monza

That black Xeno looks sharp, mine is all chrome. How secure do you think that tab will be? :)

One of the nice things about the Xeno is how recessed the lens is, so there is essentially a built-in hood. :)

M

milapse

That black Xeno looks sharp, mine is all chrome. How secure do you think that tab will be? :)
It's working great! super glue is crazy.. I just had to be very careful when I mounted it and give it time to cure. Now it's very solid.

Here's some walk around shots off the combo:

Last edited:

monza

Xenoplan at f/1.9 -- 100% coverage in all formats, really nice rendition, tiny but not too tiny to be difficult to use, this is a great fast normal lens for the G1. :)

Last edited:

wjlapier

Xenoplan at f/1.9 -- 100% coverage in all formats, really nice rendition, tiny but not too tiny to be difficult to use, this is a great fast normal lens for the G1. :)

Prices skyrocket like the Angenieux 25/.95

You could have waited until I found mine...;)

You still want me to buy that lens? :D

monza

Heh, Carl I know you have some adapters, too, so don't be trying to distance yourself from us. :)

scho

Hey Robert and Jonas - I include myself as part of the "subculture". I'm still looking around for a fast normal that doesn't tip the scales as much as the 25 lux. That xenoplan looks nice.

monza

I was carrying the Xeno in my pocket yesterday, I hardly noticed it was there. The other cool thing is how deeply recessed the lens is, so there is effectively a built-in hood.