The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Moon with G1 & telescope

O

olyinaz

Waning near full moon with the G1 and Zuiko EC-14 on a Celestron C100ED telescope:

Cheers,
Oly

Jonas

More pixels, better scopes, bigger moons... I like it Oly, and I'm looking forward to more. Regards, /Jonas

E

ekso

Oly, that's a one good photo.
How did you get the G1 to connect to the telescope?
Ekso

O

olyinaz

Oly, that's a one good photo.
How did you get the G1 to connect to the telescope?
Ekso
The connection I used went like this:
Telescope
Threaded T-mount (similar to M42 but with finer threads) attached to telescope
Four-Thirds/T-mount adapter attached to T threads
Zuiko EC-14 attached to Four-Thirds adapter
Four-Thirds/Micro Four-Thirds adapter attached to EC-14
G1

Alternately one could simply attach a T-mount adapter for Micro Four-Thirds to the G1 and then screw the G1 on to the telescope's T threads. Indeed, many telescopes come with T threads standard on their focuser tubes. My telescope doesn't have the T threads, however, so I picked up a standard 2" T-mount for telescopes and also included the EC-14 in the image train because I wanted the extra focal length.

Cheers,
Oly

E

ekso

The connection I used went like this:
Telescope
Threaded T-mount (similar to M42 but with finer threads) attached to telescope
Four-Thirds/T-mount adapter attached to T threads
Zuiko EC-14 attached to Four-Thirds adapter
Four-Thirds/Micro Four-Thirds adapter attached to EC-14
G1

Alternately one could simply attach a T-mount adapter for Micro Four-Thirds to the G1 and then screw the G1 on to the telescope's T threads. Indeed, many telescopes come with T threads standard on their focuser tubes. My telescope doesn't have the T threads, however, so I picked up a standard 2" T-mount for telescopes and also included the EC-14 in the image train because I wanted the extra focal length.

Cheers,
Oly
Figured it would be a long chain of adaptors. But good to know it is possible. Did you use the "EZ" feature of the G1 ?.

The picture was worth it. Thanks

Diane B

Meant to leave a post when I first saw it--quite impressive. I passed the link onto friends who would appreciate the image--as I did.

Diane

O

olyinaz

Thanks again y'all.

Oly, I have not yet received my G1, so can only go with forum information so far...have a look at this thread, but mark1000 seems to be good at working out this feature....http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3573
Well that's interesting for sure. I'll have to get into the manual and more helpfully give it a try. I'm intrigued by the notion that the results are better than a simple crop but I wonder if those who crop are doing so in raw development.

At any rate, thanks!

Best,
Oly