The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I rarely put the kit lens on my G1, but for some reason I did tonight. It really is a sweet lens.
Cindy

I have two G1 's , a blue and a black one . The black one is for use with my KONICA HEXAR RF lenses only . (NOVOFLEX adapter) .
Last week I got the HASSELBLAD lens adapter .
I can not show any images yet but I call that combo DAVID AND GOLIATH .

I do love the standard zoom lens . The images are not razor sharp but have a wonderful charm .
Here an example with rotten stuff .
View attachment 17358
Standard Zoom at about 25mm FL .

Jürgen

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I do love this thread . It shows so many good images .
I do not regret the investment into this camera .

View attachment 17361

An other one with just the standard zoom .
I never liked zooms , but for street photography its essential .

Jürgen

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy

I have two G1 's , a blue and a black one . The black one is for use with my KONICA HEXAR RF lenses only . (NOVOFLEX adapter) .
Last week I got the HASSELBLAD lens adapter .
I can not show any images yet but I call that combo DAVID AND GOLIATH .

I do love the standard zoom lens . The images are not razor sharp but have a wonderful charm .
Here an example with rotten stuff .
View attachment 17358
Standard Zoom at about 25mm FL .

Jürgen
Jurgen,
I am looking forward to your g1/Hasselblad images. I have been putting some of my Mamiya lenses on the G1 (4/3-micro 4/3 stacked with 4/3 to Nikon stacked with Nikon to Mamiya adapter).
Your kit zoom examples are lovely. "Charm" is a good word to describe what I see from the kit zoom. Photos do have a certain look.
I'm still very happy to have the G1. It has a wonderful feel in my hands. I'm looking forward to the micro 4/3 technology as it progresses.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Re: Kitlens not razor sharp

Care to elaborate?

It is very difficult to describe .
If you ever took images with MF folder cameras from the late 1950 s , then you will understand what I mean with charm .
It is of course depending very much from the lens brand .
Lets take the SCHNEIDER XENAR 3,5/80 in my FRANKA SOLIDA .
Images taken with this camera turn out sharp , but not razor sharp . They show a kind of warm softness , as if you would have usesd a
SOFTAR 0,5 .
Also the contrast is not that high .
I found the very same with the MAMIYA 180mm lens for the C330 camera .
This lens is best for portraits with "charm" . Unfortunately , I sold that camera many years ago .

None of the HASSELBLAD lenses show this "charm" . They are all designed for maximum sharpness and good contrast .

Jürgen

scho

A few from a visit this morning to an old water mill. All with the G1+kit lens on a tripod.