The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

S

sreeni

Oops. Looks like something wasn't right in my posts. Attaching the images this time.

T

tripper

Some excellent mono images here, must try this with my G1. Time I posted a couple more 'colour' images taken with the kit lens.

1. Bird on a post (apologies to Leonard Cohen)

2. Blakeney Hotel

tripper

Diane B

I thought I had posted this one but guess I haven't. Taken at Great Smoky Mt. National Park. These are Old Order Amish young girls--there was a group of several families touring the park. These were attentively listening to a ranger in an old small Baptist church in Cade's Cove. I had both my 5D with 50 f/1.4 and the G1 with the 14-45. I was trying to be both discreet and quiet--the 5D changed that LOL--but I got the best photo with the G1 because of the 45mm (90mm FOV with 5D)--it was very dark and the IS on the lens saved me. I did a small bit of NR and RAW processing. 45mm f/5.6 1/10s ISO800

I have some other 14-45 shots from that trip I'm sure--haven't processed all.
Diane

Last edited:

m3photo

Re: Amish Group

These are Old Order Amish young girls ../.. were attentively listening to a ranger in an old small Baptist church in Cade's Cove.

Diane
Beautiful. It has a certain "Kodachrome" feel to it, don't you think?
Oh do please process the others, let's see what else is up your sleeve! I'd certainly recommend having a Voigtländer 50mm f/1.5 in your bag for this type of shot.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I thought I had posted this one but guess I haven't. Taken at Great Smoky Mt. National Park. These are Old Order Amish young girls--there was a group of several families touring the park. . . . .

Diane
Diane:
That is really nice
There is so much going on in those faces - have you thought of cropping it to a severe horizontal frame?

Keith