The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

T

tripper

JerryMK asked

" Hi Tripper are these HDR 's? "

No Jerry, single raw exposure.

tripper

Joan

Thanks for the kind words Helen, Michiel, and Cindy. :) So many gorgeous pictures on this thread, just remarkable everyone!

Beautiful B&W's, Cindy. I HAVE to plan a trip up to Charleston soon; my brother lives nearby in Summerville and I've been meaning to go up there to visit for ages.

Diane: absolutely adore the Amish girls, that is truly gorgeous. It seems from another age.

We just got back from a little beach trip to Amelia Island, Florida. Had mostly nasty weather :(, but there were a few bright spots yesterday & this AM. I must say that the G1 is making it a lot more fun and easier to learn than any of my previous digital cameras. I still have a long way to go, but now I'm feeling like I just might have a chance to get better at this photography thing! :)

Haven't transferred many of my files to my computer yet, but here's one of the sunrise from our balcony this morning. It was spectacular ... I was so sad to leave.

View attachment 19323

Terry

Yippee Joan this looks great. What a gorgeous sunrise even if there was only one. LOL!
Lots of G1 people around to ask lots of questions. There a lot you can customize but I will have to say the E-P1 menus are much!!!! more complex.

Diane B

Joan, very nice sunrise. Our Eastern sunrises can be lovely--or totally blah, can't they??? Glad you are enjoying the G1--just a lot of fun to shoot with.

Thanks for comments on Amish girls. I hesitated to photograph them. Coming originally from PA, I know they do not like having their photographs made, but this group seemed fairly oblivious to it--either large family group or maybe the house church group. And--knowing that many Old Order Amish don't drive--they are either from a group that approves cars or had someone drive them. We did notice that they were in one of the small rented buses from Gatlinburg that offer 'photo' tours. I have a rather odd one (actually 2) of younger kids diving for coins in a mill trace (full of ice cold water from the rapid river). I loved the young girl tipping completely over to get into it. Since they were taken with my 5D/50 f/1.4 I won't post here--only the link.
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/image/114695039/original

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

Wonderful photograph of the Amish, Diana. Also had a look at some of your work on Pbase. Impressive!

Also liked the 2 Photographs of Tripper.

Yesterday I walked on a Foire a tout (garden sale) and saw this puzzle under a tree.

Michiel

Leica 77

Wonderful photograph of the Amish, Diana. Also had a look at some of your work on Pbase. Impressive!

Also liked the 2 Photographs of Tripper.

Yesterday I walked on a Foire a tout (garden sale) and saw this puzzle under a tree.

Michiel

Hello Michiel,
This is an incredible puzzle. It will take me days and weeks, if not months, to put the pieces together. It is a beautiful puzzle! Cheers! Leica 77 :)

F

FredB

I spent most of my first day yesterday with the kit lens and a sore finger with a good 400 shots lol ... I think I just took a picture of everything

Joan

Fred, I know what you mean ! The G1 is so much fun, you just want to snap away with it. :)

Here are a couple from my trip last week, the little town of St. Mary's, Georgia.

You can see what lovely weather we had for most of our vacation, lol.

Leica 77

Fred, I know what you mean ! The G1 is so much fun, you just want to snap away with it. :)

Here are a couple from my trip last week, the little town of St. Mary's, Georgia.

You can see what lovely weather we had for most of our vacation, lol.
Great Images of St. Mary's, Georgia, Joan! Very nice horizontal composition and a sense of queitness! All the best, Leica 77 :)

T

tripper

Beautiful Joan, boats and water very photogenic. Here is my contribution.

1. Mary Jane

2. Tides out

3. Pewit

4. Land locked

5. Just a hull

6. Emma Lynne

tripper

Joan

Thanks Leica 77 and Tripper. I had only a few seconds to take a couple of quick snaps before it started to pour.

Tripper, yours are amazing! :thumbs: The first one especially just grabs me, love all the texture and the fabulous composition.

Boy, I have a LOT to learn.

T

tripper

You are far to kind Joan and don't underestimate your photographs :clap:

To compliment the boat/sea pictures how about a wonderful Longfellow poem ?

The golden sea its mirror spread
Beneath the golden Skies,
And but a narrow strip between
Of land and shadow lies.
The cloud-like rocks, the rock-like clouds
Dissolved in glory float,
And midway of the radiant flood,
Hangs silently the boat.
The sea is but another sky,
The sky a sea as well,
And which is earth and which is heaven,
The eye can scarcely tell.
So when for us life’s evening hour,
Soft fading shall descend,
May Glory, Born of earth and heaven.
The earth and heaven blend.
Flooded with peace the spirits float,
With silent rapture glow,
Till where earth ends and heaven begins,
The soul shall scarcely know.

Aahh :angel:

tripper

JerryMK

Tripper you really got me puzzeled how you managed to get your pictures look that way. You must have a special version of the G1 and the 14-45 lens :) Really amazing colors and brilliance.

T

tripper

Thank you JerryMK, I think that means you like them ?
I shoot only raw so every shot has to be PP'd and I have been known to use PS in an attempt to make my photo's 'pop' :angel:

Roy

Leica 77

Beautiful Joan, boats and water very photogenic. Here is my contribution.

1. Mary Jane

2. Tides out

3. Pewit

4. Land locked

5. Just a hull

6. Emma Lynne

tripper
Hello tripper,
WoW, your images look almost three dimensional! Very very nice, indeed! Leica 77 :)

leuallen

Roy, very nice. Don't you just love the G1's handling of color. I too, shoot raw and process in Lightroom and Photoshop. You can really get a lot out of an image that way.

Larry

F

FredB

Love the boats! They look fantastic I wish I was that good ... Here are a few from today.

Last edited:
T

tripper

I am pleased you liked my boat photographs and thanks to all for your kind words.

Here are three more from the Norfolk coast.

1. Miss Britain

17mm f/5.6

2. Maggie May

41mm f/7.1

3. Cley Windmill

23mm f/6.3

tripper