The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

T

tripper

Thanks Rafael, Mark and Jim I appreciate your encouragement.

tripper

Michiel Schierbeek

The dissapearance of the G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

That may not happen. Still is a fine lens. These are three more from Toronto.
I like all the all the electricity and streetcar wires in the city. The streetcar wires reminds me of Amsterdam.

Michiel

T

tripper

More boats from me

41mm f/7.1 1/500s iso100

The Fly past.

tripper

Last edited:
M

mattyUK

Here are a few pictures taken with my new G1. Hope you like them. Coming from a D300 and prime lenses i'm very happy with the kit lens quality (although cannot wait for the pany prime when it finally arrives!) :)
They were edited in Lightroom 2 (only using trial), still trying to find the right settings for posting on web. I normally use aperture & CS3 but G1 files unfortunately are not supported.

London, area next to Shell Building to rear of London Eye

Norfolk fields

Crete, Churchs on a plateau

Petworth Park

Halsemere Woods

Best regards
Matt

Last edited:
M

mattyUK

Beautiful Joan, boats and water very photogenic. Here is my contribution.

5. Just a hull

tripper
Hi great pics! Are they from the Norfolk coast? I remember taking a photo of the same blue boat hull a couple of years ago. Fantastic area for photography, I'm hopefully visiting the area again (my parents are from there) during August. :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
This is a wonderful thread .
Thank you all for showing your beautiful images .
That Little G1 is just a great camera .

Joan

Jürgen, really love the shadow patterns in your shot of the Art Building, gorgeous.

Wonderful stuff Michiel, Tripper, and Matt! Keep 'em coming! :clap:

T

tripper

mattyUK asked

" Hi great pics! Are they from the Norfolk coast? I remember taking a photo of the same blue boat hull a couple of years ago. "

Thats correct Matty, at Blakeney.

tripper

S

sreeni

A few sunflower(s) photos with the G1 and kit-lens. Hand-held.

Sreeni

M

mattyUK

Hi,

Heres a couple more pictures. I think I took these on my first day with the camera. I was just messing around, did not keep the raws, but I think I edited them in silkypix. Just a quick question to everyone...which raw converter do you use?
I downloaded a trial of Lightroom 2 which i really like (especially the capture nx type selection points/ masks and graduated filter options), but doubt i can afford it for the time being (completing an MSc so very skint). I don't really like silkypix (coming from aperture 2 it felt very cumbersome), but have downloaded the adobe raw converter and now edit raw's in adobe raw (CS3 version). This seems to be working well for the time being. I just wondered if those of you with plenty of G1 experience found better results with specific converters? Many thanks, Matt

Flowers in my nan's garden

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi,

I downloaded a trial of Lightroom 2 which i really like (especially the capture nx type selection points/ masks and graduated filter options), but doubt i can afford it for the time being (completing an MSc so very skint). I don't really like silkypix (coming from aperture 2 it felt very cumbersome), but have downloaded the adobe raw converter and now edit raw's in adobe raw (CS3 version). This seems to be working well for the time being. I just wondered if those of you with plenty of G1 experience found better results with specific converters? Many thanks, Matt

Lightroom and Photoshop for me, although I use Silkypix sometimes when Lightroom is not at hand. It is the software delivered with the G1.
You can get good results with it also, but I do agree the interface is worse as Lightroom also for me.
Lightcraft is interesting too, although I didn't use it recently. I used it a lot with my E-3. It has a great feature in deviding a Photograph in layers of lightintensity, which you can work on separatly. Hope I do explain this right. More technical and native speakers of the English language can correct me on this. You can download a trial.

Kind regards, Michiel

Now I take the chance to post two more images from my recent visit to Canada. :)

The Artschool through a rainy window of the Museum in Toronto.

Very old car on Wolf island, Which brand?

Michiel Schierbeek

This guy from Wolfe island waiting for the ferry to Kingston to pick up his daughter thought of the island as his paradise. And I don't blame him.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Hoi, dank je Rafael !
Hi, thank you Rafael!
People can learn some Dutch around here this way :)

Always enjoy your contributions!

This car was waiting for the ferry also

From the boat

In case of emergency