The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

many topics here are about the combination of the G1 with some kind of exotic glass. And I like them, and I try to contribute.

OTOH, everybody praises the quality of the 2 kitlenses. But we do not see all that many pictures from that.

So, I wanted to open a topic, where everyone here can showcase his pictures, as long as they are made with the kitlens 14-45mm.

Let me kick off with these close-ups, made earlier this morning, around my house :

C U soon,
Rafael​

Diane B

I haven't been shooting with it too much recently because I needed a faster lens in some situations, but this was taken last weekend

and this is one of my favorite monos recently--I think I may have posted it before

and one taken in February--I liked the geometric components

All with the 14-45

Diane

scho

The kit lens got a good workout under a variety of shooting conditions on a recent vacation trip. Here are a couple of shots.

E

ekso

I haven't been shooting with it too much recently because I needed a faster lens in some situations, but this was taken last weekend

and this is one of my favorite monos recently--I think I may have posted it before

All with the 14-45

Diane
Wow. This is so atmospheric. Good shot.

f6cvalkyrie

WOW, i'm positively surprised by the quality of the reponse !!!
Great images, a true showcase for this kit lens !!

Just please, keep posting, and here's a few examples of some pics I made yesterday in Brussels :

and, a panoramic stitch of 6 :

Good night,
Rafael​

AlterMann

Hi there -

I am a newbie from old Europe :)

and I enclose a picture I have taken last weekend when my wife and I were crusing with her small car on narrow roads in the vineyards close to the river Rhine near Wiesbaden - may be someone of U knows the area.

G1 with 14-45 mm lense.

Greetings to all of you from Germany!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi there -

I am a newbie from old Europe :)

and I enclose a picture I have taken last weekend when my wife and I were crusing with her small car on narrow roads in the vineyards close to the river Rhine near Wiesbaden - may be someone of U knows the area.

G1 with 14-45 mm lense.

Greetings to all of you from Germany!
Beautiful shot! and welcome.

This thread really shows how good the kit lens is. Great shots, everyone.

m3photo

Re: Wording

Are you sure you're in the right topic ?????
Sorry. My way of picking things up:

Scho posted 3 images - the second shows a threat of prosecution to those who go beyond a certain point. Image three "invades" said forbidden territory, thus implying a certain consequent "prosecution".

Or as the latest phrase summarizes: Go Figure.

Last edited:

AlterMann

Thank you, Cindy and Rafael, for your warm welcome!
I do not want to compete with these excellent photos shown here, just want to be giving a idea of spring.
But I am very satisfied with the results of the 14-45 on the G1 (as well as I am with the 45-200, regardless of some testing-reports), I do not care how much influence the software has to improve the quality of the lense itself - what counts for me is the result.
I own a Nikon D200 with several lenses, it is a much tougher camera, no doubt. But the resulting pictures D200 versus G1 are not much different, at least concerning the purpose of my pictures (photo-books for private memories).
Walter.

f6cvalkyrie

Hello,

I'm a newbie from France,
and my little contribution :
Hi, Domi !

soyez le bienvenu ici, ... be most welcome here
And, thanks for your lovely first entry, I'm sure the cherries will be many this year ... l'année sera bonne pour les cérises :D

à bientôt (CU soon!)
Rafael (de Bruxelles)

AlterMann

Dear Rafael -

your equipment:
G1 & 14-45 + 45-200 kit lenses
Nikon 50/1.4 + 105/2.5 + 28-45/4.5

May I ask how you mount the Nikons? Novoflex announces a adaptor to be shippped May 2009.

(Walter)

kweide

Welcome to all new members. Great pictures.
@AlterMann
Nettes Cabrio, was ihr da habt.
And yes, although i am from the northern region of Germany i know the River Rhein....

Klaus

f6cvalkyrie

May I ask how you mount the Nikons?

sure, you may, Walter, that's why we are all together here, isn't it ??

I use a µ4/3 ot 4/3 adaptor (the DMW-MA1 from Panasonic itself), and then a Nikon to OM4/3 from Fotodiox

You'll find extensive information about adaptors here, from the sticky at the top of this page :

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dx428wg_10fdvsmtd7

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask, Walter !

C U
Rafael

Diane B

Lovely to see some new members. Welcome--and we hope to see more of your shots in the future.

I'm also glad to see more from this lens. I admit I've been using MF lenses more because of the 'fun' factor--and also because they are faster, but the kit lens is so capable of terrific images and I need to be shooting with it more.

Diane

B

Bhakti-rider

It's been a while since I've posted one on this site; I'll see if I can pull it off:

Eureka!