The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E3 Advice

Scott G

I've convinced myself that I could really use a bomb-proof, weather-proof camera. So, I just bought one of the seemingly endless supply of "factory demo" E3's from Cameta Camera's eBay listings. I also ordered a 70-300 and a 14-54 lens. The total for everything is less than a decent Nikon zoom :thumbup:.

I'm looking for advice that can help shorten the learning curve, if there is one, for the E3:

- Recommended in-camera settings?
- Post processing in Aperture -- any changes to the raw processing, sharpening preferences, etc?
- any other quirks or things to be aware of with the E3?

I'll be using it mainly for sports and urban/architectural photos, not so much for landscapes or portraits.

Thanks for the help!

Scott G

Klaus,

Thanks for the help.

I'll probably stay away from the 12-60 as well. For at least a week or so...:clap:

Michiel Schierbeek

Look at the firmware and update it for if you have legacy lenses it is great to adjust IS for those lenses.
Press IS and the +/- knob on top and set it to right mm. with the front wheel.
I used Wriotnak also, very good info.
Have fun and the camera is build like a tank.
Regards, Michiel