The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need help identifying guess value C mount lenses.

JerryMK

Hi everyone, I just bought a Bolex 16H camera with 5 C mount lenses included. I am new into this C mount lenses so need some help from you guys. Wonder if I bought nice lenses, value$? And how about the usage with the G1?

These are my new lenses:

From left to right:
#1: Computar TV Zoom Lens 1:1.2 / 12.5mm-75mm
#2: Wollensak 1/2 Inch f/1.5 Wide Angle Cine Raptar
#3: Carl Zeis Jena Blotar 1:1,4 f=2,5cm
#4: Wollensak 1 Inch f/1.9 Cine Raptar
#5: Wollensak 1 Inch f/1.5 Cine Velostigmat

M

milapse

Interesting post! ;)

No way this one is going to fit the G1 without major adaptation... $50 on a good day

Somewhat rare, I'm guessing 14-15mm IC. if it's smooth and clean... could fetch max $100

Zeiss fans may dig this tele, looks lovely, not sure if it will fit the G1, never seen one like that in c-mount... hard to say... $150?

somewhat common, full coverage and mounts no problem - bout $75

Looks lovely, never seen a f1.5? maybe full coverage and probably mounts no problem - bout $75 maybe more?

Last edited:

JerryMK

Interesting post! ;)

No way this one is going to fit the G1 without major adaptation... $50 on a good day

Somewhat rare, I'm guessing 14-15mm IC. if it's smooth and clean... could fetch max $100

Zeiss fans may dig this tele, looks lovely, not sure if it will fit the G1, never seen one like that in c-mount... hard to say... $150?

somewhat common, full coverage and mounts no problem - bout $75

Looks lovely, never seen a f1.5? maybe full coverage and probably mounts no problem - bout $75 maybe more?
Thank you ver much for your reply. Just tried to fit the lenses on my JinFinance C Mount adapter and all work but the Carl Zeis :(

So even the Computar TV Zoom Lens 1:1.2 / 12.5mm-75mm fits like a charm. Actually just that on is missing in the picture but you can see it on the first picture with the adapter already on it!. I'll post it one the G1 later on.

Last edited:

pentacon6

Zoom Lens is always a gambling of c mount selection. Just so curious to know how is the coverage of the Computar zoom. I used have a made in China 16mm Cine lens with 9-90mm that can just fully cover the sensor from 40 - 90mm. Hope your lens can do it better than mine. :p

JerryMK

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2,5cm f/1.4 is prewar

Just found out the CZJ lens is a prewar lens. Till now seems to be very rare, can't find much more information on this lens...?

Jonas

For those who are interested, seem the Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2,5cm f/1.4 is a rare felow. (...)
So, a little less than USD100 back in 1934... Those were days when one really had to save for a long time before buying camera gear! It's an interesting bunch of lenses you got there.

BTW; there doesn't seem to be a lot of people appreciating alternative lenses over at DPR...

JerryMK

So, a little less than USD100 back in 1934... Those were days when one really had to save for a long time before buying camera gear! It's an interesting bunch of lenses you got there.

BTW; there doesn't seem to be a lot of people appreciating alternative lenses over at DPR...
Thanks Jonas. LOL, you are right about DPR, I find it a techie forum where it is most of the time about the sharpness of the picture. And I think there is more.