The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

there can be only one!

P

phil

I know this is a bit of a game and involves compromises but if you guys could only have one M mount lens for your G1 - which would it be? I suggest Leica 28mm Summicron - why? Because it is useful size on the G1 (56mm equiv) sensible price (well sensible in Leica terms!) and wonderful IQ.

What do you think?

regards from Phil in UK

wjlapier

Even though 50 becomes 100 on the G1, I'm partial to 85 and 105. So, if only one lens, DR 'cron for me. Excellent IQ, solid build, and actually balances well on the G1--stout setup :toocool:

R

Ranger 9

Sentimentally I'd pick the 50mm Canon f/0.95 because of its unique qualities, but in terms of actual utility, the 50/1.5 Nokton is the lens I use the most. The focal length works well for what I shoot, performance seems excellent at all apertures, and the size and handling are convenient.

m3photo

Re: 50/1.5 Nokton

... but in terms of actual utility, the 50/1.5 Nokton is the lens I use the most. The focal length works well for what I shoot, performance seems excellent at all apertures, and the size and handling are convenient.
I'll second that. It's the first complementary lens I bought for the G1 and I'm well pleased with its performance. Even Leica users say this lens is good!

gDallasK

I'm enjoying my Canon 135 f3.5 LTM. It's MUCH sharper than the Pany 45-200 and manual focusing is a breeze with the G1