The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

Joan

More beauties, Tripper. Just love them, especially the little warbler!

Raf, enjoy all of your flowers, really lovely and like the pose of your Zen lady! Nice shot!

Tripper, a distant cousin of your black headed gull:

And another shirt tail relative: :D

f6cvalkyrie

:thumbup::thumbup: Joan & Apicius,

you both share some very nice pics, thanks for that !:salute::salute:

Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Let me show you some more flowers from the Botanical Garden in Leuven :

(iso100)

(iso320)

(iso100)

CU,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Saw some really nice pics in this tread with this lens. Love the first birdphotograph of Tripper. And it's very good for flowers too, Raf!

I did hestitate a lot about this lens, but I finally bought it in Toronto.
I needed a stabilised longer reach. I did make some decent pictures of the wedding of my niece on Wolf island, which I will not show without there permission.
The first two are from Wolf island and the other two from today.
Thanks for looking, Michiel

Leica 77

Saw some really nice pics in this tread with this lens. Love the first birdphotograph of Tripper. And it's very good for flowers too, Raf!

I did hestitate a lot about this lens, but I finally bought it in Toronto.
I needed a stabilised longer reach. I did make some decent pictures of the wedding of my niece on Wolf island, which I will not show without there permission.
The first two are from Wolf island and the other two from today.
Thanks for looking, Michiel

Hello Michiel,
I really like this digital image of yours! Nice pattern and composition. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Let me show you some more flowers from the Botanical Garden in Leuven:
Beautiful images Rafael. I just bought one and have not used it much. It would help my learning curve if you could please show the tech data.

Were they handheld or on tripod, illumination, focal length, diaphragm, shutter speed, ISO, Raw or Jpeg?, AF and mode or MF, stabilization mode

Thanks in advance,
Peter

f6cvalkyrie

Beautiful images Rafael. I just bought one and have not used it much. It would help my learning curve if you could please show the tech data.

Were they handheld or on tripod, illumination, focal length, diaphragm, shutter speed, ISO, Raw or Jpeg?, AF and mode or MF, stabilization mode

Thanks in advance,
Peter
Hallo Peter,

no secret in there ;)

#1 : 200mm iso100 1/800 f5.6 handheld (outside shot)
#2 : 136mm iso320 1/200 f5.1 on tripod (shot inside a greenhouse, quite dark there)
#3 : 78mm iso100 1/2000 f6.3 handheld (outside, backlight)

All shot in RAW, converted and worked up with Silkypix. Manual focus. OIS on.

My personal guideline for shooting with this lens handheld, is to use a shutter speed faster than 1/x where x= focal length. Otherwise, you are at risk for blurry images !

C U
Rafael

RichA

That is why I hestitated but some people can make good photographs with it.
Till 150mm it is quiet good. It is not as sparkling as the kitlens but you have more stabilised reach and that is important to me.
Michiel
No, the images posted here look good which was kind of a surprise for me. But a welcome surprise!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This was taken on my G1 and the lens is much easier handled on the G1 than my E-P1

I also like the controls on the G1 better than the EP-1, but having said that, you have to have both cameras if you are a micro 4/3 fan

G1, F8, handleld 1/125s, ISO 200

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

Especially for you, Peter :D

(144mm iso100 1/400)

And for all of us

(120mm iso100 1/640)

I have two visitors !

(200mm iso125 1/250)

C U,
Rafael

cap'n bill

Well, I started this thread and it seems to run and run. I eventually sold my Olympus ZD 50-200mm f2.8 and bought the Panasonic 45-200mm It's no way as good as the ZD but it autofocuses quickly and is half the size and weight. It also cost less than half the price I got fot the 50-200mm. I'm reasonably happy with the results from it. Here is a typical shot at 200mm.

The big difference is that with the 50-200mm I could happily operate at full aperture and blur the background.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The Village of Eden, Wisconsin held their annual Fireman's parade today. I used the G1 with the 45-200mm. It did a better job than my D700 did last year!