The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Haha Cindy - sounds like you are getting closer to paring back your gear :LOL:
Terry,
This was going to be my test. The G1 came through with flying colors.
I had the E-P1 on a Y-strap with the 50 f/2 on it, too. It was just too bright (parade started at noon). I used it for about 20 shots. If Oly comes out with the next incarnation of the E-P1 with an EVF, I will be all over it. I also had some trouble with settings getting changed (all of a sudden I was shooting with the 2 second timer on???). Those are issues that experience with the E-P1 should iron out. I'm just not familiar enough to recover quickly.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Terry,
(all of a sudden I was shooting with the 2 second timer on???). Those are issues that experience with the E-P1 should iron out. I'm just not familiar enough to recover quickly.
You are not alone Cindy - the 2 second timer thing drove me mad yesterday.
Also, I can't do critical hand-held focus as well with the EP-1 as with the G1 - I've posted about that in another thread.

Keith

Terry

HEY!!!! Pipe down on the 2 cameras LOL. My pocketbook won't handle another right now. I'm saving what I have/had set aside for another body to see what comes this Fall--as well as lenses.

Diane
I know, I know. I am VERY curious to see what Panasonic has in store for us. If the "dream" camera - the cg1 images are really reality....my bag is going to shift yet again. I do like using the E-P1 but I was constantly trying to bring it to eye level in Iceland.

Michiel Schierbeek

This was taken on my G1 and the lens is much easier handled on the G1 than my E-P1

I also like the controls on the G1 better than the EP-1, but having said that, you have to have both cameras if you are a micro 4/3 fan

G1, F8, handleld 1/125s, ISO 200

Keith
You mind if I skip one camera before I buy a new one? :D
The EP-1 is one step too late for me as I am still happy with the G1.
There are appearing fingernail scratches on my G-1's camerabody grip, so I definitely need a new one in the near future :D
Another problem is I don't use my E-3 for some time now.

TEBnewyork what dreamcamera you know more about?
I am dreaming about a slightly smaller, more rangefinder looking camera with a tiltable LCD, (improved) EVF, some more megapixels and an one tip aproachable 20x focus magnification.
Is that too much too ask? :angel:

Michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You mind if I skip one camera before I buy a new one? :D
The EP-1 is one step too late for me as I am still happy with the G1.
There are appearing fingernail scratches on my G-1's camerabody grip, so I definitely need a new one in the near future :D
Another problem is I don't use my E-3 for some time now.Michiel
Tell me about it. I wore the paint off of the buttons on my black G1. I just sent it off to be converted to an IR body. I got a new G1. I fashioned a button cover to protect the buttons this time. It is working well so far.
My E-3 went bye, bye after the G1 showed up.

TEBnewyork what dreamcamera you know more about?
I am dreaming about a slightly smaller, more rangefinder looking camera with a tiltable LCD, (improved) EVF, some more megapixels and an one tip aproachable 20x focus magnification.
Is that too much too ask? :angel:
Michiel
Terry, Do tell!:bugeyes:

Michiel Schierbeek

Tell me about it. I wore the paint off of the buttons on my black G1. I just sent it off to be converted to an IR body. I got a new G1. I fashioned a button cover to protect the buttons this time. It is working well so far.

What is an IR body?:confused:
Forgot to mention that the 2 buttons for focus magnification are almost completly black also. That means I can't sell this camera anymore :D
You are so brave by just saying bey bey to your E-3 . You never take pictures in the rain? :confused:
I am mentally still not ready. I have to become more rational :lecture:
Thanks for that; it is may be ready for sale.
Michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

What is an IR body?:confused:
Forgot to mention that the 2 buttons for focus magnification are almost completly black also. That means I can't sell this camera anymore :D
You are so brave by just saying bey bey to your E-3 . You never take pictures in the rain? :confused:
I am mentally still not ready. I have to become more rational :lecture:
Thanks for that; it is may be ready for sale.
Michiel
I am having my black G1 converted to a dedicated IR (Infrared photography) camera. It was calibrated to use the kit lens, but I'm hoping some of my other lenses will work, too. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

I just wasn't using the E3 enough. I put a little raincoat:ROTFL: on my gear if I go out into the rain.

scho

I am having my black G1 converted to a dedicated IR (Infrared photography) camera. It was calibrated to use the kit lens, but I'm hoping some of my other lenses will work, too. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

I just wasn't using the E3 enough. I put a little raincoat:ROTFL: on my gear if I go out into the rain.
Hi Cindy, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images taken with the G1/IR. I did this with a Canon 350D and saw a significant gain in high frequency fine detail resolution with the AA/IRcut filter pack removed. Might not be as noticeable with the G1 since it already had a relatively weak AA filter.

Regards,
Carl

Michiel Schierbeek

Never got into IR photography. Are you into spionage :)
Does it mean you can't use the camera normal wise anymore?
Well, it shows I don't know anything about this. here is a picture.
Shot with the 45-200 because it happened to be on the camera.
Greetings, Michiel

Time stood still in Toronto

V

Vivek

I am going to convert a G1 to do UV and IR. From my experience with the NMOS sensor (E-410), I would expect significant increase in details (the glass is just too thick on these) and significantly lower noise due to enormous sensitivity in the UV and IR regions (way better than a CCD sensor which is several times better than a CMOS sensor).

It will be interesting to see Cindy's results. Where are you getting yours converted Cindy? What kind of a filter they would be using?

C

ChrisJ

My first picture to this forum.

I've had my G1 less than a week, and love it. This was taken with the kit 45 - 200mm lens on Tuesday.

Chris