The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

Michiel Schierbeek

The G1 quetly snaps on, with the most keepers of any camera I owned before. That said; here is one with lens at 200mm from far away.

Horses go to sea

Michiel Schierbeek

Really like that reflection, Scott. What kind of flag is the other one? Some Corporation flag?

Here is one where you can see a part of the Atlantic wall made by th Germans.

Michiel

Atlantic wall

pellicle

Cindy

I'd be pleased if you could start another thread on this topic ...

My conversion is being done ... I haven't received it back yet, but they told me that it worked out well (it was their first G1 conversion.)
as I'd love to know how it goes and may forget to look into this thread to see about your IR conversion.

btw ... since the camera focuses by what lands on the sensor (not what lands on the focus screen) will it need calibration? My Nikon coolpix did not.

Diane B

rgeorge - what is the name of that bird? We are seeing a pair in our garden (Toronto,Canada) for the first time.

Lovely image.

Keith
Keith, it looks like our Goldfinch here in the southeast. My echinaceas (purple cone flowers) that have aged out and just have seed heads plus our numerous black eyed susans have these visitors daily eating as fast as they can LOL. Its almost impossible to tell them from the flowers except you start to see a flower stock shake. This winter (I leave the seed heads for the birds) there will be lots of them--but by then they will start to turn to a sort of khaki for the winter. Do yours do the same??

Diane

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, it looks like our Goldfinch here in the southeast. My echinaceas (purple cone flowers) that have aged out and just have seed heads plus our numerous black eyed susans have these visitors daily eating as fast as they can LOL. Its almost impossible to tell them from the flowers except you start to see a flower stock shake. This winter (I leave the seed heads for the birds) there will be lots of them--but by then they will start to turn to a sort of khaki for the winter. Do yours do the same??

Diane
That was timely, Diane, I was just talking about this a minute ago with my wife. The original poster said the bird was a Reed. I think that is a Reed Bunting, and looks quite similar. But ours are the American Goldfinch which do come as far north as Canada. This is the first time we have seen them in our garden.
The weird thing is we see just one pair, and they are both bright yellow. But they exhibit sexual dimorphism :bugeyes: which mean the the two sexes change color in different ways though the seasons. That's why we see what looks like two males, but I think this is the time of year where the female catches up to the male in color.
I guess they will leave us when Winter comes so I won't have a chance to see if they go khaki.
I've been watching the various purple cone flower pictures, including yours, and I think you are a month or so ahead of us. We have a few and they attract butterflies, birds, bees - good for testing the macro lens.

Keith

Scott G

Yesterday I was "working" at Virginia Beach :angel:, and managed to do some sniping off of my 7th floor balcony.

Beauty and the Geek

PLEASE let me skate with you?

Commuting

Big Splash

Nightly fireworks

E

Engbert

Here is George, letting me try out the new G1. Iso 400, 25th, f6.3, 84mm.

kdemas

"Beauty and the Geek" is a classic, love it! No offense to any of our fine members with metal detectors ;-)

Kent

Yesterday I was "working" at Virginia Beach :angel:, and managed to do some sniping off of my 7th floor balcony.

Beauty and the Geek

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I'm just back from summer holidays in our farm in Russia, and I would like to share the first flower close-ups with you.

If you like these, stay tuned for more !

Rafael

Leica 77

Hi,

I'm just back from summer holidays in our farm in Russia, and I would like to share the first flower close-ups with you.

If you like these, stay tuned for more !

Rafael
Hi My Friend Rafael,
Welcome back from your summer holidays! These are lovely images as always! All the best! :)

DonParrot

G1 with 45-200 kit lens

Hello everybody,
is there a thread for pictures shot with the G1/GH1 and the 45-200 kit lens?

If not I'd like to start one right here.