The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This really is spectacular..
Thanks Diane and Devon . . .

It's a wonderful subject, especially if you are viewing from a ship.

The original image looked too much like a postcard, so I did a blend to get rid of the bright blue sky - and some selective contrast work in PS.

I'm happy with it, and with your endorsements, even more so.

Thanks

Keith

vincechu

I totally agree!

When i saw this photo I was completely amazed :eek:

I think it's really captivating and magical, it's almost as if i'm being sucked into it. :thumbup:

Also it reminds me of fairy tales for some reason, Aladin? :p

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Diane and Devon . . .

It's a wonderful subject, especially if you are viewing from a ship.

The original image looked too much like a postcard, so I did a blend to get rid of the bright blue sky - and some selective contrast work in PS.

I'm happy with it, and with your endorsements, even more so.

Thanks

Keith
Yout PP does work real well here Keith. Much more fairy tale drama!
Beautifull :clap:

Michiel

woodyspedden

Woody

As I tried to analyze this image I kept coming up with mostly things I didn't like. Image seemed surreal and soft, much more like a painting than a photograph.

After coming up with all the things I didn't like I looked at the image holistically and concluded that this was something really special. One of those times when all the analysis fails and you must simply look at the whole and identify how it "hits" you.

I love it. Sorry for all the rambling but this is how I got to the bottom line.

Congratulations

Woody

ggibson

Thank you! I was lucky to find that the fog was sitting low in the valley and I rose out of it as I reached the top. It was a bit of low haze over the whole bay. One more from the 45-200mm:

K

klythawk

My firsttime out with the 45-200 lens. Visited the local Windmill and Arboretum. Posted a couple of shots of the windmill at both ends of the lens, pigeon shot is at 200mm, squirrel shot is at 45mm. Click on pic's to see original size.

Pity i missed his tail.
G1/45-200

John.