The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cosina / Voigtlander m: m4/3 adaptor

jonoslack

HI There
Cosina M43

I'm not sure how important this is, but it's good to see more people getting involved.

The G1 wasn't for me (it was only the form factor and the evf) , but I can't wait to see what Olympus come up with.

Jonas

HI There
Cosina M43

I'm not sure how important this is, (...)
Technically it isn't important at all. The aspects on marketing is another thing but I can't tell either.

I thought this was announced some time ago? I remember checking their site and found all their M-mount lenses listed, also those making ugly smeary borders and corners. Strange. Cheers, /Jonas

kweide

Olympus.... can you hear me.... give me my wanted mFT Version of Pen F.
All needed adapters and M-Lenses and R-Lens and Zuikos are available but no Oly mFT camera body....

arrrghhhhhh ..... its hard waiting for something

monza

I think the adapter was announced previously on the Cosina Japan site, along with the list of CV smearers.

jonoslack

Olympus.... can you hear me.... give me my wanted mFT Version of Pen F.
All needed adapters and M-Lenses and R-Lens and Zuikos are available but no Oly mFT camera body....

arrrghhhhhh ..... its hard waiting for something
:ROTFL:
You and me both. Everything else is in place . . . . mind you, I might be fussier than you. I don't care whether it's got an EVF or not . . .but I'd really REALLY like some kind of optical viewfinder, be it as poor as a G10, just some hole to look through in the bright light.

As for CV lenses . . . . mine aren't smeary? Are they bad on the G1 (I only tried the 15 and the 28 ultron, and they seemed to be okay.

monza

AFAIK, the 15 and 28/1.9 are fine...is that what you have, or is it the 28/2 Ultron?

If the Oly has an accessory shoe, one can always use a CV finder...

Jonas

(...)
But the crop factor will make most finders hard to combine with suitable lens. Or at least I think so. I haven't checked what finders are available. Zone focusing, small, cute. Why not, but it is a small niche I think.

monza

I think they have 75 and 90 finders on the long end, 50 will work for a 24/25mm (and of course wider ones are available but you are right, the options are limited with the crop.)

jonoslack

AFAIK, the 15 and 28/1.9 are fine...is that what you have, or is it the 28/2 Ultron?

Hi Monza - and Jonas
it's the 1.9 . . . to be honest, I don't like it much, big lumpy thing, and 56 f1.9 . . zzzzzzzzz

When I had the G1 the 75 'cron and ZM 50 sonnar seemed more fun. For wide angle I was using the Zuiko 9-19 (the 7-14 just looked silly!).

As for external finders - too much bother really.

I think, to be honest, that I came to the same conclusion as MR, which was that 4:3 was fine, but it was worth taking the very small sacrifice in quality and using the excellent 4:3 lenses, except in low light, which was where the above mentioned came in . . . but they were tough to focus in low light, and the lag on the EVF was too much (again, in low light).

What I'd really like is an optical viewfinder with focus confirmation . . .surely not too much to ask? :ROTFL:

monza

Yes, I had the 28/1.9 a while back, too. I liked the optic, but it was largish. Definitely not ideal size for the G1.

I have never liked external finders, did everything possible to avoid using them on my Ms...