The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with 7-14mm - show yours !!!!!

f6cvalkyrie

Yesterday, I had some time between meetings to shoot around the lovely Grand Place of Mons (Belgium)

Here's some results :

I particularly like the impressive perspectifs with this lens at it's shorter focal length !

C U
Rafael

Diane B

Very nice Rafael. I was really caught by the next to last with the yellow chairs just because its so visually striking but they are all lovely. I agree about the perspective with the lens at shorter FL. I'm anxious to have opportunity to shoot with mine. If it keeps raining I may float away LOL.

Diane

Diane B

Whoops, I meant my WAZ--I opted for the Oly 9-18. I had decided if I needed wider, I could use my 12-24 on 5D (but I like what I see from the 7-14).

We've had more or less continual rain for 7 days--and a great deal more this Spring. A great deal of the US has been in the grips of this large weather maker---but that doesn't make it any nicer for photographing LOL. This is the time when one needs weather sealed LOL--but I haven't gotten out my Ziplock bags yet--the skies aren't even interesting--just grey. The light, however, is often lovely and soft for some things.

Diane

T

tripper

Impressive WA shots Rafael from what looks to be a very good lens.

I am tempted to order one from Japan as you did but UK's customs will probably charge me so much I can probably buy it cheaper at home ?

tripper

f6cvalkyrie

UWA kiting fun yesterday, on a very windy first day of summer :

G1 with 7-14mm Panasonic lens

C U,
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Two "strange" pics with this lens, shot in Brugge, one of the most beautiful cities in the world :toocool:

(reflection in a shop window, @ 7mm)

(HDR conversion from a single image, @ 7mm)

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

Hello Rafael,
Your images are absolutely beautiful. The super wide angle @ 7mm performs a magic. The sharpness is also outstanding. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Diane B

I really enjoyed the surreal image of the carriage horse. I won't own the 7-14 since I bought the 9-18, but I enjoy seeing the images from it.

Diane

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks for your comments, Leica77 and Diane, much appreciated :D

Here's another light HDR conversion from the MarketPlace (de Markt) in Brugge

G1 with 7-14mm @ 7mm iso 100 f7.1 1/250 cropped vertically

CU,
Rafael

V

Vivek

Rafael, The horse image is splendid. Close range captures are where these would shine. Outstanding example!

While using the ultrawide range, you may want to pay attention (gridlines on display are useful) to leveling the camera to minimize perspective distortions.

P

pnd1

I’ve just returned from a two week shoot in the Pacific Northwest, where I used the G1’s new 7-14mm lens for the first time in the field. I was so impressed with its potential for expression that I have added a new gallery to my pbase cyberbook devoted to using a super wide angle lens effectively. The gallery features ten of the images I made with the 7-14mm lens under various conditions and purposes. You can see these images, accompanied by my commentary, at:

http://www.pbase.com/pnd1/super_wideangle_photography

If you have any questions, I would happy to answer them here in this thread. I hope those of you who already have this lens, or are considering adding it, will find this gallery helpful.

Phil Douglis

Leica 77

I’ve just returned from a two week shoot in the Pacific Northwest, where I used the G1’s new 7-14mm lens for the first time in the field. I was so impressed with its potential for expression that I have added a new gallery to my pbase cyberbook devoted to using a super wide angle lens effectively. The gallery features ten of the images I made with the 7-14mm lens under various conditions and purposes. You can see these images, accompanied by my commentary, at:

http://www.pbase.com/pnd1/super_wideangle_photography

If you have any questions, I would happy to answer them here in this thread. I hope those of you who already have this lens, or are considering adding it, will find this gallery helpful.

Phil Douglis
Hello Phil,
Just visited your pbase.com web site and saw your fabulous super wide angle shots. The images are truly astounding! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

P

pnd1

Thanks, Leica 77, for your thoughts on my wideangle images. I felt very much like a kid with a new toy out there, and found myself learning more every time I used the 7-14mm lens. It is an amazing tool, but as I note, there is a learning curve involved.

Terry

Phil, I just had a look as well. Love the car and the first boat skeleton the best. I just posted a bunch on the E-P1 thread (can be used on either camera. A useful feature on the E-P1 is a bi-directional level that is a life saver in keeping the camera/lens level when the shot demands it.

Leica 77

Phil, I just had a look as well. Love the car and the first boat skeleton the best. I just posted a bunch on the E-P1 thread (can be used on either camera. A useful feature on the E-P1 is a bi-directional level that is a life saver in keeping the camera/lens level when the shot demands it.
Hello TEBnewyork and Phil,
Likewise, the image entitled "Nostalgia for Sale" certainly caught my keen attention. Best regards, Leica 77 :)