The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with 7-14mm - show yours !!!!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
GF1 plus Panny 7-14 lens. One thing to note is this lens seems to have higher native contrast than its sisters do...

At around 13mm:

At 7mm and a special-sauce CS treatment for 70's style color:

Some random shots:

(In the full image you can easily read the writing on the old guy's hat in the lower corner --- this lens is very sharp.)

And it can be tough to keep your toes out of the images even if you're trying ;):

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice, but I esp. like the second--your special sauce one LOL.
Thanks Diane,

It's actually pretty easy to do in Photoshop. A color layer set to overlay mode over a B&W version of the image, with B&W tonality and layer opacities tweaked to suit.

Joan

Those all look terrific, Jack! I imagine you're going to have some good photo ops up there in Boston for Veteran's day (if you're still there?)

(Darn, I wish I could afford this lens ... )

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Joan,

No on Veteran's Day, it was a short visit and I'm already back home...

Joan

Oh, well, so much for that, eh? I am a transplanted Yankee living in Florida, miss New England a lot. And I am really attracted to anything that has a maritime flavor (maybe being in the Navy for 6 years intensified that, lol) love ships and the sea and everything related to them.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I am banning myself from this thread. Just looking at the 7-14mm shots and the few times I shot with it in Oregon I really want one. Also divorce is more expensive so I better not hit the buy button. LOL

wjlapier

Okay I am banning myself from this thread. Just looking at the 7-14mm shots and the few times I shot with it in Oregon I really want one. Also divorce is more expensive so I better not hit the buy button. LOL
Not me. I'm in. I was considering something similar for my D700, but I prefer the footprint of the GF1 to my D700, so the 7-14 is it.

Amin

Thanks Infrared-IR!

Jack, I especially like your two "close ups", the rope and the ? port hole.

Terry

Jack,
Did you add additional 7-14's ;)? I could have sworn when I first looked there were only two shots posted. I'm most partial to the rope. I do like this lens and was really glad I just went for it from Bill in Canada when he first got it in. Even being so wide I find it to be very versatile and used very often.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Amin!

Hi Terry, I posted them all at basically the same time, but loaded the thread with the first two images then added the rest over the next few minutes, so you must have looked as I was sorting the second batch.

bensonga

I haven't even received the 20mm f1.7 I ordered yet and already I'm dreaming of the 7-14mm. :eek:

Ha! Just checked my Amazon.com account and the 20mm lens was shipped today! I didn't think it would be available until December. Now how much was that 7-14mm???? :eek: :eek:

Gary